HydroGenerally - Episode 10: Green Hydrogen Production
We started our podcast series by understanding how hydrogen is produced and then looked at where it should and could be used. We then focussed on specific sectors of aviation, maritime, and glass production before moving slightly away from our sector focus and looking at the role waste can play in the move towards the hydrogen economy. Last time we looked at nuclear hydrogen and today we are talking about green hydrogen production.
In this episode of the podcast, Debra Jones, Chemistry Knowledge Transfer Manager and Simon Buckley, Zero Emission Mobility Knowledge Transfer Manager from Innovate UK KTN, talk about green hydrogen production with their special guest Chris Jackson, CEO & Founder at Protium.
This podcast discussion centres around methods of producing clean hydrogen from renewable energy sources, the innovative projects Protium is working on and how much green hydrogen will the UK produce by 2030 and beyond.
Useful links and additional information
- The Hydrogen Economy Innovation Network is a non-competitive community and an advisory group that pools knowledge from existing hydrogen communities to validate views on the current challenges to enabling low-carbon hydrogen uptake at scale and cost.
- Innovate UK KTN’s Materials Team covers a broad scope of the materials life cycle, from feedstock, processing techniques, design and manufacture, testing, standardisation, resource efficiency and circularity.
- Explore Protium, the organisation where our guest speaker works.
- Hydrogen Economy Innovation Network
- HydroGenerally Podcast Series
- HydroGenerally - Episode 9: Nuclear Hydrogen
- HydroGenerally - Episode 8: Hydrogen for Combustion
- HydroGenerally - Episode 7: Hydrogen for Heat
- HydroGenerally - Episode 6: Waste to Hydrogen
- HydroGenerally - Episode 5: Hydrogen for Glass production
- HydroGenerally – Episode 4: Hydrogen in a global maritime industry: plain sailing or a rough ride?
- HydroGenerally – Episode 3: Lift off for hydrogen in aviation
- HydroGenerally – Episode 2: Where should Hydrogen be used?
- HydroGenerally – Episode 1: The colours of hydrogen