HydroGenerally - Episode 8: Hydrogen for Combustion
We started our podcast series by understanding how hydrogen is produced and then looked at where it should and could be used. We then focussed on specific sectors of aviation, maritime, and glass production before moving slightly away from our sector focus and looking at the role waste can play in the move towards the hydrogen economy. Last time we looked at Hydrogen for Heat and today we are talking about a sometimes controversial topic of using hydrogen for combustion.
In this episode of the podcast, Steffan Eldred, Hydrogen Knowledge Transfer Manager, and Debra Jones, Chemistry Knowledge Transfer Manager from Innovate UK KTN talk about hydrogen combustion with special guest Duncan Engeham, European Research and Development Director at Cummins Inc.
Useful links and additional information
- The Hydrogen Economy Innovation Network is a non-competitive community and an advisory group that pools knowledge from existing hydrogen communities to validate views on the current challenges to enabling low-carbon hydrogen uptake at scale and cost.
- Innovate UK KTN’s Materials Team covers a broad scope of the materials life cycle, from feedstock, processing techniques, design and manufacture, testing, standardisation, resource efficiency and circularity.
- Explore Cummins Inc, the organisation that our guest speaker works at.
- Hydrogen Economy Innovation Network
- HydroGenerally Podcast Series
- HydroGenerally - Episode 7: Hydrogen for Heat
- HydroGenerally - Episode 6: Waste to Hydrogen
- HydroGenerally - Episode 5: Hydrogen for Glass production
- HydroGenerally – Episode 4: Hydrogen in a global maritime industry: plain sailing or a rough ride?
- HydroGenerally – Episode 3: Lift off for hydrogen in aviation
- HydroGenerally – Episode 2: Where should Hydrogen be used?
- HydroGenerally – Episode 1: The colours of hydrogen