Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging
The Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging activity at Innovate UK KTN is proactively driving engagement and collaboration as part of the core programme of the UKRI ISCF Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Challenge (SSPP).
Innovate UK KTN delivers benefit by:
- Developing a comprehensive network of contacts and partnerships to support a successful deployment of SSPP with existing UK and international networks in plastics recycling to the mutual benefit of all parties.
- Promote excellence in the UK’s innovative packaging systems by delivering conferences and showcasing SSPP impact on the circularity of plastics in the UK.
- Stimulate collaborations for high quality projects into the challenge competitions.
- Demonstrate the value of the funded SSPP projects, incorporating sector-leading case studies which will broaden the impact and commercialisation of the output from the SSPP projects.
- Showcase the academic research funded from the SSPP funds led by NERC.
- Increase the profile and visibility for SSPP through digital media. Have a ‘go-to’ web presence through UKCPN.
SSPP: Liquid food and beverages in refillable packaging
Opens: 18/09/2023 Closes: 25/10/2023
Up to £1.5m available to demonstrate a reuse or refill packaging system for liquid food and beverage products, at scale, in a retail chain.
European Commission Plastics Related Funding & tender opportunities
Opens: 01/03/2023 Closes: 22/02/2024
Horizon Europe funding for reducing plastic pollution, pollutant monitoring, circular economy, and biodegradation validation. Various closing dates.
UK - Singapore Collaborative R&D Call Sustainability and Net Zero
Opens: 14/08/2023 Closes: 06/12/2023
UK organisations can apply for a share of up to £5m with a Singapore partner to develop sustainable tech for emission reduction and a net-zero future.
Related Events and Recordings
Industry and academic research leaders unite at global plastics sustainability conference
Back for its 3rd year, the Global Research Innovation in Plastics Sustainability (GRIPS) conference welcomed 1,000 delegates to the Coventry Building Society Arena, with a live stream available for online viewers. The show featured a variety of talks from leading experts in plastics and materials across academia and industry, united by the mission to prevent plastic waste becoming fugitive in the environment.
Women in Innovation 2021/2022 Success Stories
Read the success stories of our 2021/22 Women in Innovation and the personal journeys they’ve been on since winning their awards.