Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging
The Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging activity at Innovate UK Business Connect is proactively driving engagement and collaboration as part of the core programme of the UKRI ISCF Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Challenge (SSPP).
Innovate UK Business Connect delivers benefit by:
- Developing a comprehensive network of contacts and partnerships to support a successful deployment of SSPP with existing UK and international networks in plastics recycling to the mutual benefit of all parties.
- Promote excellence in the UK’s innovative packaging systems by delivering conferences and showcasing SSPP impact on the circularity of plastics in the UK.
- Stimulate collaborations for high quality projects into the challenge competitions.
- Demonstrate the value of the funded SSPP projects, incorporating sector-leading case studies which will broaden the impact and commercialisation of the output from the SSPP projects.
- Showcase the academic research funded from the SSPP funds led by NERC.
- Increase the profile and visibility for SSPP through digital media. Have a ‘go-to’ web presence through UKCPN.
European Commission Plastics Related Funding & tender opportunities
Opens: 01/03/2023 Closes: 22/02/2024
Horizon Europe funding for reducing plastic pollution, pollutant monitoring, circular economy, and biodegradation validation. Various closing dates.
Innovate UK Investor Partnerships: SME round 6
Opens: 09/01/2024 Closes: 27/02/2024
UK registered SMEs can apply for grant funding alongside private investment from selected investor partners.
Innovation Exchange challenge: Innovations to Produce Sustainable, Biobased MDA for the Manufacture of PEEK
Opens: 01/02/2024 Closes: 15/03/2024
Victrex is seeking innovative solutions to produce sustainable biobased MDA (4,4’-methylene dianiline), a precursor in the PEEK manufacturing process.
Related Events and Recordings
Industry and academic research leaders unite at global plastics sustainability conference
Back for its 3rd year, the Global Research Innovation in Plastics Sustainability (GRIPS) conference welcomed 1,000 delegates to the Coventry Building Society Arena, with a live stream available for online viewers. The show featured a variety of talks from leading experts in plastics and materials across academia and industry, united by the mission to prevent plastic waste becoming fugitive in the environment.
Women in Innovation 2021/2022 Success Stories
Read the success stories of our 2021/22 Women in Innovation and the personal journeys they’ve been on since winning their awards.