Battery Caffè Podcast Episode 8: The UK battery investment landscape
The Battery Caffè is an initiative of the Cross-Sector Battery Systems Innovation Network, a community funded by Innovate UK KTN and the Faraday Battery Challenge. This Innovation Network aims to open new markets for the battery industry, promote innovation in batteries & help decarbonise a wide range of end-users. If you haven’t already, please go check out our online UK Batteries Networking Hub platform.
This podcast episode focuses on the funding landscape and specifically discusses opportunities and challenges within the UK battery ecosystem. We also discuss the insights and findings from the Electric Vehicle Battery Tech in the UK report that Faraday Battery Challenge has recently partnered with DealRoom to deliver with contributions from Innovate UK KTN. This report outlines how the industry is going to scale up with more investment in scaling innovative battery technology companies.
This podcast is hosted by Nikoleta Piperidou, Cross-Sector Battery Systems Innovation Network Lead at Innovate UK KTN, and Jordan Fletcher, Knowledge Transfer Manager for Net Zero Investor Communities at Innovate UK KTN, and features special guests Jim Totty, Managing Partner at Virdis Capital and Ian Whiting, Commercial Director at the UK Battery Industrialisation Centre (UKBIC).
Useful links and additional info
- The Cross-Sector Battery Systems Innovation Network is co-funded by Innovate UK KTN and the Faraday Battery Challenge. Visit the UK Batteries Networking Hub to find out more. Don’t forget to sign up if you would like your organisation to feature on the battery landscape map.
- Read the Electric Vehicle Battery Tech in the UK report.
- Read the podcast transcript here.
- Contact Innovate UK KTN’s Energy team.
- Contact Innovate UK KTN’s Infrastructure team.
- Contact Innovate UK KTN’s Investment team.
- Explore the UK Battery Industrialisation Centre (UKBIC).