Battery Caffè Podcast Episode 7: Advanced Materials for Batteries
The Battery Caffè is an initiative of the Cross-Sector Battery Systems Innovation Network, a community funded by Innovate UK KTN and the Faraday Battery Challenge. This Innovation Network aims to open new markets for the battery industry, promote innovation in batteries & help decarbonise a wide range of end-users. If you haven’t already, please go check out our online UK Batteries Networking Hub platform.
This podcast discussion centres around the use of advanced materials in batteries, with a focus on graphene and nanomaterials. Listen to this episode to learn about the advantages of graphene and nanomaterials for energy storage applications, the associated technological challenges and of course, the most exciting commercial opportunities in the future.
This podcast was hosted by Nikoleta Piperidou, the Cross-Sector Battery Systems Innovation Network Lead at Innovate UK KTN and Neelam Mughal, the Knowledge Transfer Manager for Advanced Materials, who were joined by special guest James Baker, CEO at Graphene@Manchester.
Useful links and additional info
- The Cross-Sector Battery Systems Innovation Network is co-funded by Innovate UK KTN and the Faraday Battery Challenge. Visit the UK Batteries Networking Hub to find out more. Don’t forget to sign up if you would like your organisation to feature on the battery landscape map.
- Read the podcast transcript here.
- Contact Innovate UK KTN’s Energy team.
- Contact Innovate UK KTN’s Infrastructure team.
- Contact Innovate UK KTN’s Materials team.
- Explore Graphene@Manchester.