Wool in Construction: A Smart Technical Fibre
Watch our ‘’Wool in Construction: A Smart Technical Fibre’’ webinar, recorded on 6th June 2023.
Recording now available
If you are involved or interested in materials, construction, design; or you want to find out more about circular economy, the benefits, and the uses of a renewable fibre such as wool, we welcome you to join the discussion.
In addition to thermal insulation, wool works effectively to absorb noise, control acoustic frequency and regulates heat. Our experts Sam Patterson from the Innovation Centre ‘Built Environment – Smarter Transformation’ and Ruth Marie Mackrodt from Wool Insulation Wales will touch on the key challenges that need to be addressed for wider wool use.
They will also share news on innovation projects to develop new wool applications and discuss wool as a viable smart material for the construction industry.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn and engage with wool, construction, and circular economy experts.
- Create new collaborations and discover latest opportunities.
Watch our British Wool site event video on YouTube for further background on this programme.
The agenda included:
Valuable insights and experience from Built Environment – Smarter Transformation, Wool Insulation Wales, and Innovate UK Knowledge Transfer Network on:
- Current and future potential for wool use in construction and how it can improve circularity
- Progress of relevant innovation projects and testing facilities available
- Opportunities for collaborative projects across the wool and construction industry
There was also an opportunity for attendees to give an elevator pitch of their ideas/projects to the audience to encourage knowledge exchange and collaboration.