Supporting Net Zero Places
Join us on 27th April 2022 for this special Net-Zero Places Innovation Network webinar. This event is the opportunity to give a voice to the local authorities that have utilised the support from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Innovate UK family to meet the net-zero agenda.
During this webinar, the local authorities will share their lessons learned, what worked, the challenges met as well as the solutions found. We would like to listen to your insights on this challenging topic so, don’t miss the opportunity to collaborate, network and share what is missing and how we could help make this journey toward Net-Zero practically easier.
Webinar recording and slides are now available
Find the slides here.
In order to meet the government’s zero-carbon targets, there are currently a number of support programmes and tools that can help local authorities in their journey. However, this landscape is not always centralised in one place, so it can be confusing and difficult to navigate through. To find some clarity, this webinar will showcase a few useful tools you might want to use more efficiently, which include:
- The navigator tools from Connected Places Catapult
- Net Zero Go – SLES Business Model archetype from Energy Systems Capultand
- The community support available through Net Zero Places Innovation Network from Innovate UK KTN
- The support available through the Energy Hubs from BEIS
This online session will focus on sharing and learning from different projects as well as discussing how you would like to be involved in the future.
- 10:00 – Welcome and introduction
- 10:15 – Connected Places Catapult: Why are they engaged, what are the internal challenges and the potential opportunities?
- 10:35 – Energy Systems Catapult: What is SLES Business Model archetype work, how would it help local authorities, when is it useful?
- 11:00 – Net Zero Places Innovation Network: Why are they engaged, what are the internal challenges and the potential opportunities?
- 11:20 – Net Zero Hubs: Why are they engaged, what are the internal challenges and the potential opportunities?
- 11:35 – Q&A session
- 11:55 – Close