Investing in the Western Cape for the Energy and Maritime Sector Webinar
Global Alliance Africa at Innovate UK KTN will facilitate a knowledge sharing workshop between key Freeport Saldanha stakeholders in South Africa and UK companies from the Energy and Maritime sector.
Recording and slides now available
Click here to download the slides from Innovate UK KTN, Freeport Saldanha, Western Cape, Atlantis Special Economic Zone, and the Institute of Export, and click here to download the slides from Green Cape.
About the event
This event will run 1PM – 2:30PM GMT+1 (2PM – 3:30PM SAT)
The objectives of the webinar will be the following:
- To learn about the investment and trading opportunities from the main stakeholders in the Western Cape:
- Freeport Saldanha – the first Southern African SEZ to include a port dedicated to the energy and marine sectors;
- Wesgro – the official trade and investment promotion agency for Cape Town and the Western Cape;
- Atlantis Greentech SEZ – the only Greentech SEZ in Africa;
- GreenCape – sector development agency working with businesses, investors, academia and government to help unlock the investment and employment potential of green technologies and services.
- To learn about support available for trade and investment between the UK and South Africa
Subject to Change
- Welcome, Introductions and Session Overview
- Chiara Bassetti – Interim Country Lead, South Africa
- Freeport Saldanha – Overview of the port at Saldanha Bay, their vision for becoming a world class ecosystem enabler for maritime and energy innovations, their Ease of Doing Business philosophy and Freeport Operations (allowing duty-free and VAT-free entry of any foreign goods intended for re-export, and their freeport service and customs controlled area (CCA) permit.
- Adinda Preller – Executive: Transaction and Investor Support
- Wesgro – Overview of the expertise and assistance on offer to those looking to invest or trade in Cape Town and the Western Cape, and how the Western Cape is a gateway to the rest of the African continent, and the destination of choice for leading global multinationals establishing their African footprint.
- Belvana Abeli – Green Economy Investment Portfolio Manager
- Atlantis Greentech SEZ – Overview of the benefits of the Atlantis SEZ, including skills and enterprise development, incentives and stakeholder engagement.
- Jarrod Lyons – Executive Business Development
- GreenCape – High level introduction to GreenCape; GreenCape’s annually published Market Intelligence Reports, which informs investors of changes and developments within South African green economy sectors; and support and investment facilitation.
- Lisa Johansson – Green Economy Investment & Finance Liaison
- IOE & IT – Support available for UK businesses to facilitate international trade and investment, where to go for support, access to links and resources.
- Q&A Session – Opportunity for attendees to ask questions and gain further insights.
- Innovate UK KTN (Moderator)
- Wrap-Up and Closing Remarks
- Freeport Saldanha and Innovate UK KTN (Moderators)