Driving the Electric Revolution - Engage with… UK Electronics Skills Foundation (UKESF)
Discover how PEMD organisations can engage in the UKESF award initiative that encourages students to pursue an electronics engineering career.
Award initiative to encourage pursuit of Electrical & Electronic Engineering careers
The UKESF is an independent charitable foundation, established in 2010, at the nexus of an extensive network of partners and collaborators, including 26 universities and 75 companies.
Webinar recording is now available
Participation in and leadership of technological advances in PEMD is being limited by a chronic skills shortage in electronic engineering. Over a number of years, too few students have been studying Electrical & Electronic Engineering and this means that there are insufficient graduate engineers to drive forward innovation and progress. This shortage is compounded be a lack of awareness of PEMD.
On behalf of the Electronics sector, UKESF will explain how they tackle the skills shortage in a coherent way building relationships, providing thought leadership and acting as the representative voice on skills related matters. All with an aim to encourage more young people to study Electronics and to pursue Electrical & Electronic Engineering careers.
Join this webinar to learn how PEMD companies and organisations can engage in UKESF’s launch of a new Award initiative specifically targeted at students about to commence their first year undergraduate studies. This Award will raise awareness of PEMD among these students, attract more undergraduates towards careers in this sector, and directly benefit companies and organisations looking to employ PEMD skilled and experienced graduates.
About this series
The ISCF Driving the Electric Revolution “Engage with…” webinar series offers leading companies and organisations a platform to present to you:
Who they are and what they do;
- Their PEMD growth journey/roadmap and what they are doing in PEMD;
- Their challenges and future PEMD supply chain requirements, with a view of exploring future opportunities for partnerships/collaborations/projects.
- All with the aim for companies and organisations to seize the economic opportunities from the global transition to clean technologies and electrification.
- 13th January | Engage with… UK Electronics Skills Foundation (UKESF)
- 17th February | Engage with… Electrification of HGVs
- 24th March | Engage with… Verlume
- 5th May | Engage with… Hirst Magnetic Instruments
- 15th June | Engage with… Electrification of Marine Vessels
- 16th June | Engage with… Made Smarter Innovate Challenge