ChatGPT, Generative AI and Large Language Models Workshop: Supporting UK businesses to benefit from the AI revolution
Northumbria University, Newcastle University and Teesside University, with support from Innovate UK, are hosting an in-person workshop on exploring large language models (LLMs), and how they can be used to support UK businesses.
The event will consider:
- How to exploit LLMs and the possible benefits to the business
- The best way to integrate these models into existing systems
- The risks involved in adopting these models and possible ways to mitigate them
- How to consider and mitigate the impact of LLMs on:
- moral judgement and ethics,
- the environment, i.e. the impact originating from the infrastructure and energy required to run the LLMs.
The aim of the event is to empower UK businesses with knowledge and confidence to adopt LLMs, and at the same time help them reduce the risk posed by these models.
Who is it for?
Open to businesses from all sectors interested in learning more about large language models, and/or applying them in their activities.
The workshop will take place in the Great Hall at Northumbria University on Monday, September 18th, 2023, from 9:30AM to 4:00PM. There will be a mix of talks, live demonstrations of LLMs, opportunities to network and a discussion session.
Each speaker/exhibitor will be provided with a table/stand at the side of the room for participants to visit them and ask questions or play with the demos independently.
- 9:30 – 10:00 – Registration and refreshments
- 10:00 – 10:15 – Opening keynote – Chi Onwurah MP, Member of Parliament for Newcastle Central, Shadow Minister Science Research & Innovation
- 10:15 – 10:30 – Putting LLMs into Context – Dr. Caroline Chibelushi, Innovate UK KTN
- 10:30 – 10:45 – Large Language Models: from theory to reality and beyond – Dr. Maciej Misiura, National Innovation Centre for Data
- 10:45 – 11:00 – Reveela.com: A Next Generation Publishing & Communications Platform – John Graham, Reveela Technologies
- 11:00 – 11:15 – Practical lessons from large language model application development – Dr. Nick Allott and Dr. John Manslow, Nquiringminds
- 11:15 – 11:30 – Use LLMs to unlock value from your data – Saile Villegas and Reo Ogusu, SeeAI
- 11:30 – 12:00 – Break and networking
- 12:00 – 12:15 – LLMs: Cyber Security Friend or Foe? – Prof. M. Abdur Razzaque, Teesside University
- 12:15 – 12:30 – Finding the needle in the haystack – Dr. Stephen McGough, Newcastle University
- 12:30 – 13:30 – Demonstrations
- 13:30 – 14:30 – Lunch and networking
- 14:30 – 14:45 – Energy efficient systems – Dr. Rishad Shafik, Newcastle University
- 14:45 – 15:00 – AI Awareness: Legal Issues Surrounding Large Language Models – Charlie Stonehill, Charlton Stonehill Ltd
- 15:00 – 15:45 – Group discussions
- 15:45 – 15:55 – Innovate UK Funding Opportunities – Dr. Dawn Geatches, Innovate UK KTN
- 15:55 – 16:00 – Wrap-up and close