Animal Microbiome Webinar
Watch our recording where we explore challenges and opportunities within animal microbiome research and innovation, such as improving animal health, enhancing productivity, and mitigating environmental impacts.
Recording and slides now available
Download the slides:
1 – Innovate UK KTN: About Us
2 – Exploitation of animal microbiomes for veterinary applications
3 – An industry’s perspective on the importance of the microbiome in animal production
4 – Anabiomic – an alternative approach to pre and probiotic
5 – Microbiome Insights- Pioneering the Future of Precision Livestock Farming
6 – Funding Opportunities
About the event
The webinar includes talks by:
- Dr Kirsty Gibbs (Danisco Animal Nutrition – IFF)
- Douglas Dundonald (Tharos)
- Anthony Finbow (Eagle Genomics)
- Christian Roghi (Eagle Genomics)
- Linda Oyama (Queen’s University Belfast)
And a panel Session chaired by:
- Dr Andrew Morgan (Innovate UK KTN’s Microbiome Advisory Board Chair)
Who is this event for?
- People interested in the animal sector (livestock and non-livestock animals)
- People interested in the animal microbiome
- People interested in the human and environment microbiome – This is a great opportunity to learn from other areas in the sector and explore collaborations.
The event is especially relevant to academics, industry scientists, entrepreneurs, supporting organisations and funders.
- Learn about challenges and opportunities within the animal microbiome sector.
- Hear from pioneering microbiome companies and researchers.
Agenda at a glance
- 10:00 – 10.15 – Welcome and IUK KTN introduction – Caroline Griffin, Innovate UK KTN
- 10.15 – 10.30 – Exploitation of animal microbiomes for veterinary applications – Linda Oyama. Lecturer, School of Biological Sciences, Queen’s University Belfast
- 10.30 – 10.45 – An industry’s perspective on the importance of the microbiome in animal production – Kristy Gibbs, Poultry Innovation Lead, Danisco Animal Nutrition & Health (IFF)
- 10.45 – 11.00 – Anabiomic – an alternative approach to pre and probiotic – Douglas Dundonald, Executive Chairman, Tharos
- 11.00 – 11.15 – Microbiome Insights: Pioneering the Future of Precision Livestock Farming – Christian Roghi, Director of Microbiome Solutions, Eagle Genomics
- 11.15 – 11.45 – Panel discussion with Q&A from the audience – Chair: Andrew Morgan
- 11.45 – 11.55 – Funding Opportunities – Caroline Griffin, Innovate UK KTN
- 11.55 – 12.00 – Closing remarks – Caroline Griffin, Innovate UK KTN