Sustainable Venture Development Partners
Sustainable Ventures is one of the UK’s leading specialist climate tech investors, having made 36 investments to date.
We provide capital at a pre-seed stage alongside 12-months of intensive support, expertise and access to our ecosystem, designed to rapidly accelerate product and commercial development. Interested SMEs should fill in the application on our website below, including your pitch deck.
We only invest into startups that have climate change mitigation technology at their core. We look for UK-based companies raising money at pre-seed stage, with the following characteristics:
- Companies active within one of our core verticals: Agritech, Building Tech, Circular Economy, Energy and Mobility
- Must qualify for SEIS and/ or EIS tax relief
- Raising a pre-seed investment round of under £600k
- Have an MVP or prototype, with some form of defensible technology or business model in the form of IP or trade secrets
- A significant market opportunity, capable of delivering venture level returns
- Evidence of customer traction, for example pilots, letters of intent or grant funding
- At least 2 founders and a willingness to commit to the acceleration support that we provide
We are climate tech specialists having invested across a range of sectors over the past 5 years, including the following examples:
- Rovco – sub-sea submersible vehicle, 3D mapping and data analytics of the offshore industry. Rovco has just raised its Series B round and has expanded globally.
- Airex – smart air brick technology to regulate airflow in domestic dwellings, reducing energy consumption. Airex is currently closing its Series A round.
- Concrete4Change – novel capture technology to sequester carbon within cement.
The companies we back can expect to receive the following support to help rapidly commercialise the innovations:
- Access to our shared workspaces in Central London and Manchester, alongside 70 other climate tech companies.
- Tailored 1:1 support from our venture support team, focused on business development, product roadmap, operational design, team and board development, marketing and follow-on funding.
- Connections with specialist service providers in IP protection, legal firms and accountancy.
- Introductions into our Sustainable Ventures ecosystem, including corporates, innovation agencies, policy makers and investors. Invites to regular showcasing and networking events.