Social Tech Trust
At Social Tech Trust (STT) our vision is a world where social transformation is the driving force behind tech.
We’ve played a vital role in developing the social tech ecosystem and have built an extensive track record of successfully supporting ventures to deliver financial and social returns.
Since 2008, we have directly supported over 300 ventures, providing more than £30 million of funding, with over 30 million people benefiting from our ventures’ products and services.
We invest in impact driven tech companies at seed stage and series A. We aim to provide ambitious founders with the aligned investment they need to scale profitable and sustainable companies. To do this, we invest using a flexible VC approach, which is a hybrid between revenue-based investment and established equity-focused VC models.
Within our investment criteria we specifically target companies that:
- Focus on growing revenues and profitability
- Have a social mission (linked to strategic areas including health inequalities, financial and economic resilience, climate justice)
- Advance equality for underserved groups through their tech products/services.
We add value to our portfolio companies in three main ways:
- Strengthening revenues through our networks and connections to public, private and public sector partners/customers
- Building capacity in key areas including tech, impact management and equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) by providing access to a curated network of specialist service providers and advisors
- Driving collaborative advantage by providing access to our peer-to-peer community.
With over a decade of experience, we know tech has the potential to play a crucial role in addressing some of the greatest social challenges we face today.