KHP Ventures is the first NHS-backed venture fund in the UK.
KHP Ventures is the first NHS-backed venture fund in the UK, built through a collaboration between Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, and King’s College London. Collectively, these three institutions represent the largest teaching hospital system in Europe, serving a diverse, local population of 2 million residents and a large, international patient cohort.
We invest in world-class clinical innovators and enable adoption of transformative MedTech and digital health solutions at scale, improving health and healthcare. We target investments from Pre-Seed to Series A, though our sweet spot is typically at Seed stage. Our due diligence process brings in clinical, scientific, operational, and policy experts from across the NHS and global healthcare ecosystems to validate each investment opportunity, ahead of taking companies to our expert Investment Committee.
We invest in companies that have the ability to address the quintuple aim of better clinical outcomes, lower costs, improved workforce experience, increased patient satisfaction, and better sustainability. Consequently, our portfolio companies are best-in-class and meet substantial unmet challenges within the NHS. We offer tailored support to each of our portfolio companies across critical growth activities, including:
- Network introductions; to KOLs across clinical, scientific, managerial, operational, and policy domains
- In-house expertise with design and execution of clinical research studies; for clinical validation, health economic assessment, and patient/user feedback
- Co-design of clinical pathway mapping for successful NHS deployment locally, regionally, and nationally; and in non-UK markets
- Engaging wider regulatory and investment stakeholders e.g., collaboration with NICE
- NHS Integrated Care System involvement for understanding how to impact the care continuum (social care to secondary care)
- Support competitive grant applications (extensive in-house track record) for execution within our partner institutions and beyond
- Enabling entry into highly competitive and lucrative markets e.g., unique strategic partnership with Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre in the US.