Jenson Funding Partners LLP
Jenson Funding Partners is the approachable startup investment firm specialising in working with founders throughout their early-stage growth – from pre-seed to Series A.
Its diverse and experienced team understands what a business needs at each stage and combines quickly deployed capital with hands-on support to successfully scale the companies in their portfolio and deliver returns for investors.
Jenson is an established player in the early-stage VC ecosystem. Having launched one of the first and longest-running SEIS funds, the firm has helped shape the landscape of startup investment over the past decade. The firm is currently undertaking an expansion and creating its first institutional fund, which will continue to support its portfolio companies as they scale.
Jenson prides itself on inclusivity, not exclusivity investing in businesses across a range of industries to create a diverse investment portfolio across sectors, geographies and founder backgrounds. A core criteria is that the founders it backs are experts in their field and through an open ethos it has been able to attract high-performing portfolio companies led by impressive founders. The firm prides itself on its track record of investment into diverse startups, supporting businesses with minority and female-led teams, across the UK.
To date, we have invested across a range of sectors which include:
Our Investment Criteria:
- Management team credibility
- Business and financial risks
- Business Momentum
- Business Concept and Strategy
- Equity deal and exit expectations
In many circumstances, the investee companies are expected to have some similar key characteristics such as:
- Generating revenues or with a clear path to revenue generation;
- High growth potential with the possibility of realising a good return multiple;
- Disruptive business models that if necessary can adapt and thrive in a recessionary environment;
- Evidence that a prospective investee company’s product or service is innovative and has market potential;
- Addressing market gaps and brand lags — with unique and defendable propositions;
- Non-capital intensive business models that are both scalable and capital efficient; and
- Led by an inspiring, energetic and ambitious entrepreneur(s).
Key to our investment criteria is the Support Programme. This provides key financial, technical, operational and sales and marketing support to investee companies from day one, we are not just investing capital. Our investment mandate includes the nurturing of the early stage businesses we invest in.