IP Group Plc
IP Group develops world-changing science and technology businesses across life sciences, technology and cleantech (through Kiko Ventures).
The Group has a strong track record of success, having been the founder investor in a number of high-profile companies including Oxford Nanopore Technologies plc, and has one of the most exciting portfolios of high-growth businesses in Europe. The Group also owns Parkwalk, the UK’s largest growth EIS fund manager which backs world-changing technologies emerging from the UK’s leading universities and research institutions.
We’re one of the most active investors in university and other research-based companies in the world, with a proven track-record in backing and nurturing science and technology-based businesses to deliver impact alongside returns. We’re committed to backing and supporting businesses that bring about a better future for people and planet – companies whose products and services meaningfully contribute to a healthier, tech-enriched; and regenerative future.
Since pioneering the IP model more than two decades ago, we’ve built up a considerable knowledge bank and honed our approach to ensure all stakeholders benefit from the work we do through our portfolio companies.
Why IP Group?
- Track record
- Portfolio – access to the best science
- Permanent capital structure
- Global group
- IP Group has been a leading driver of scientific investment for over 20 years. We have invested over £1.2 billion in UK early-stage scientific development, fueling the creation of three unicorns, and helping the companies we have backed to create more than 10,000 jobs.
- IP Group owns Parkwalk, the UK’s largest growth EIS fund manager, which has raised over £400m and backed more than 150 university spin outs across the UK.
- Together, we work at the cutting edge of life sciences, deeptech and cleantech. We’re scientists, innovators and practitioners with in-field experience and insight.
- Together, we have backed over 500 science-based companies which are delivering ground-breaking innovation – from Ceres and Oxford Nanopore, to investments such as Istesso, First Light Fusion, Featurespace and Oxbotica.