Beringea is a transatlantic venture capital investor that seeks to create lasting success for rapidly scaling entrepreneurial companies.
We provide patient and intelligent capital and a global footprint to back entrepreneurs throughout their journey.
We’ll typically make an initial investment between £1-10 million into companies turning over approximately £1 million or more. We tend to lead Series A or Series B rounds, with further funding available for follow-on investments.
We typically look for:
- Experienced entrepreneurs – Serial founders, industry leaders, or academic experts with a clear vision for the company’s future.
- Solid foundations – Proven commercial traction with a defensible market position and capital use plan to fuel growth.
- Growth potential – A growing business with a substantial addressable market, a compelling product or service, and a competitive edge.
- Capital efficiency – A focus on financial and operational metrics with a clear route to profitability following our investment.
How we add value:
- Beringea Scale-Up Academy – Our series of virtual and in-person events offer the leadership teams of our global portfolio of companies networking opportunities and training to overcome barriers to scale.
- Supporting transatlantic growth – We use our network of advisers, provide on-the-ground support and share knowledge across our portfolio to help companies expand across the Atlantic.
- Building leadership teams – We know talent drives success, so we work closely with founders and a robust network of recruitment specialists to build exceptional teams.
- Providing strategic connections – From entrepreneur advisory panels to prospective client introductions, our portfolio companies can leverage our professional network to expand their reach and gain from new perspectives.