Knowledge Transfer Manager Creative Industries (FTC Mar 2025)
Knowledge Transfer Manager Creative Industries (FTC Mar 2025)
Purpose of the Role
The role, as part of a dynamic team, will be responsible for driving the community engagement element of the Peer Network, (growing to around 600 members over 24 months), ensuring an active, engaged, inspired community. Building its reputation for innovation and quality in the creative sector.
The role will be critical in the success and reputation of the network.
The core elements of the role are:
- Online and offline community engagement
- Relationship management and customer service
- Content production and communications
Background of the role
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) have launched Creative Catalyst, a £30 million programme of phased financial and non-financial activities to provide end to end innovation support for high potential businesses in the creative sector.
As part of the programme Innovate UK Knowledge Transfer Network (IUK KTN) are delivering a Peer Network as part of the support programme for successful applicants. This programme will be delivered by the Digital Economy and Creative Industries Team.
Successful applicants joining the programme’s network will be a diverse range of inspiring, small and medium creative and digital businesses developing truly innovative products and services right across the breadth of the creative subsectors including CreaTech, film, media, sustainable fashion, music/audio, gaming and more.
IUK KTN are seeking to recruit a Community & Engagement Manager to drive engagement in the Network. This is an exciting opportunity to generate buzz and strengthen a creative ecosystem contributing to UK’s recognition as a creative industries powerhouse.
We’re looking for a positive, proactive individual who can hit the ground running, who knows how to set up, drive and retain an inspired community of members.
Roles & Responsibilities
Programme Delivery Relationship management
- Act as the first point of contact for all businesses. Support them in onboarding the Network, accessing and engaging in the member platform and respond to all queries around the Peer Network. Sign-post to the Project Lead and Creative Lead as relationship owners any ongoing / wider relationship matters.
- Be responsible for driving engagement of members within the Network, raising the profile externally of the Network, it’s members and the work of Innovate UK KTN. Driving engagement of the community consistently on a daily basis via a variety of channels.
- Contributing to and managing ongoing programme strategy, planning and delivery alongside the core delivery team at both IUK KTN and Innovate UK.
- Contributing to and managing ongoing stakeholder engagement alongside the core programme delivery team.
- Championing the Creative and Digital sectors externally and internally and acting as a positive ambassador for the IUK KTN and the Creative Catalyst Peer Network.
- Proactively and consistently reach out to members encouraging two-way active communication, gathering good news stories and opportunities to showcase their successes and developments with the network.
- Seeking ways to promote and encourage all opportunities as programmed or shared by the Project Lead and Creative Lead. Horizon scan to find opportunities and flag with the Leads.
- Working with the Communications, Web and Data Teams this role will ensure data around activity and engagement is collected, stored, analysed and shared with the Project Lead for review. This data will be used to continuously gauge member experience so the team can adapt delivery.
- Working closely with in-house Events Managers, supporting advertising events, driving sign ups and engagement on the day whether in person or online. Ensure data and feedback is recorded and ready to be shared with the Project Lead and Creative Lead. Also support the streaming and postproduction process – making sure content is shared and engaged with across the Network.
- Meet regularly with the Project Lead and Creative Lead to update and report on engagement and risk, sharing data and insights that the Project Lead will use to shape future activity.
Content production and communications
- Take ownership for any online platform or channels – creating content, populating with a variety of internal and external content and driving direct engagement through it with members.
- Write, design, produce and disseminate a range of engaging digital content including newsletters, feedback forms, inspiring case studies, success stories, articles, blogs and any other content required across multiple platforms including a member platform.
- Author and create engaging content and deliver communications that is relevant for an audience of innovative creative businesses leading the way in their field and speaks their language.
- Work closely with the central IUK KTN Communications team to ensure a joined-up approach to content creation and dissemination.
- Build relationships with the partners’ communications leads to ensure joined up approach to messaging. Work with them to gather relevant updates and information to share through the Network.
Experience & Skills
- A background in the Creative and Digital Industries with sector knowledge and insight.
- Demonstrable experience in community/member engagement
- A sound understanding of commercial issues that are important for businesses.
- Knowledge of nationwide creative hubs, networks, labs and/or regional creative and digital business growth activity
- Experience working with start-ups, micros and SMEs
- Well-developed written and verbal skills, able to translate complex topics for a broad audience. Including experience in writing and producing a diverse range of high-quality digital content and communications for different platforms include web, newsletters, social media for a creative, professional audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently and build effective relationships.
- Team player with good relationship building and influencing skills; enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and persuasively across multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders, explaining complicated matters in an easy to grasp manner.
- Must be proficient in normal office software tools with excellent administrative and organisational skills.
Benefits & how to apply
- This role has a salary of £38,000 to £42,000 pa
- 28 days annual leave plus 10.5 bank and public holidays
- Enhanced Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme
This is a fixed term contract until the end of March 2025.
This advert will close on Friday 9th June June though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
First stage interviews to be held w/c 12th June.
Second stage interviews to be held w/c 26th June.
Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your CV outlining your experience.
The postholder will be home based (UK) or out of our London, Harwell or Edinburgh offices with frequent UK travel.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided. Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Recruitment Team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovate UK KTN strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where we can all be ourselves. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of colour, LGBTQ+ community, women, disabled people, people of any age or family status. We know that diversity makes us stronger and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive, and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to removing barriers for individuals with conditions, illnesses or disabilities and we will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, and in their future role.
If you would like to request any reasonable adjustment, for any part of the recruitment process (including application), please let us know by emailing email@example.com.