Innovate UK to launch Round 2 of the Infrastructure Systems competition and seek to invest up to £15m in innovative projects.
Innovate UK will soon launch Round 2 of the Infrastructure Systems competition, and will seek to invest up to £15m in business led, innovative projects in Infrastructure Systems, provisionally including:
- Solutions for affordable, sustainable and secure energy systems
- Innovative solutions for nuclear fission
- Innovative solutions for offshore wind
- Solutions for connected transport
- Solutions that enable infrastructure to become smarter, more resilient, more sustainable and more integrated across systems
- Integrated solutions to challenges in urban living
The aim of the competition will be to stimulate, accelerate, and broaden the innovation that creates UK business growth in infrastructure systems. Most of this growth is likely to come from businesses that can look across the silos through which infrastructure services are currently delivered, and develop new collaborative and integrated solutions and business models that link them up.
The Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), in collaboration with Innovate UK, will be hosting a series of competition briefing and brokering events across the UK.
Registration details will be issued shortly, but location and dates have been confirmed for the following:
- Birmingham – 19th January – Innovate UK local event with a focus on the Infrastructure Systems competition
- London – 24th January – briefing event
- Liverpool – 26th January – brokering event
- Edinburgh – 2nd February – brokering event
- Belfast – 31st Jan