UK - Singapore Collaborative R&D Round 2
UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £5 million for the purpose of developing innovative proposals with Singapore.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £5 million in innovation projects in partnership with Enterprise Singapore. This competition has an open scope.
UK registered organisations must apply to and will be funded by Innovate UK. Singapore partners must apply to and will be funded by Enterprise Singapore.
The aim of this competition is to fund business led collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects focused on industrial research. Your proposal must include at least one partner from the UK and one partner from Singapore.
The projects we fund are expected to result in a new product, industrial process or service. They must be innovative, involve a technological development and have high market potential in the participating countries.
We would particularly welcome applications from the following sectors:
- Advanced manufacturing and materials
- Agrifood tech
- Mobility and transport
- Health and life sciences
Your project must:
- apply for a maximum grant of up to £350,000
- start by 1 November 2023
- end by 31 October 2026
- last between 24 and 36 months
UK project partners must carry out the majority of their project work in the UK and intend to exploit the results from or in the UK.
All businesses in a consortium must be separate and non-linked entities. No more than 70% of the total project costs can be claimed by any single partner or by all partners from a single participating country.
To lead a project your organisation must:
- be a UK registered business of any size
- be or involve at least one grant claiming UK registered SME
- partner with a Singapore registered business, which must be a separate non-linked entity to the UK project partners
To collaborate with the lead, your organisation must be one of the following UK registered:
- business of any size
- academic institution
- research and technology organisation (RTO)
A UK registered business can lead on one application, but can be included as a collaborator in a further 2 applications. If a UK registered business is not leading any application it can collaborate in up to 3 applications. A UK registered academic institution or RTO can collaborate on any number of applications.
The aim of this competition is to fund business led, collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects focused on industrial research, for innovative proposals developed between the UK and Singapore.
Your project must demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services
- a strong and deliverable business plan that addresses and documents, market potential and needs
- sound, practical financial plans and timelines
- good value for money which will always be a consideration in Innovate UK funding decisions
- a clear, evidence-based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion
- considerable potential to significantly benefit the UK economy or national productivity
- the benefits of participants from the countries working together and how this adds value
- a clear definition of where intellectual property (IP) can be used and shared between the participants and countries
- a clear route to market within 2 to 3 years of project completion