Innovate UK AgriFood Accelerator
Are you an AgriFood innovator based in the UK who is from an underrepresented group or have you struggled to access funding in the past?
We are looking for a diverse group of UK-based innovators like you who want to fast-track their AgriFood innovation ideas.
The new “AgriFood Accelerator” will empower you to take your idea to the next level and understand how to access funding.
Who is this for?
You are eligible if:
- You have an innovative early-stage business idea in AgriFood (including Agri-Tech)
- You identify with a community considered underrepresented by Innovate UK in the innovation ecosystem. This includes:
- Disabled, including, and not limited to mental health conditions, learning disabilities, neurodiversity, and physical disabilities
- Ethnic minority groups
- Non-binary and all marginalised genders
- People with primary caring responsibilities
- People from low socioeconomic backgrounds
- People from non-traditional educational routes into innovation
- Younger (aged 18-30) and older (aged 60+) people
- You have struggled to access funding in the past for any reason i.e., your application was unsuccessful or you encountered difficulties in applying.
What does the programme include?
A cohort of up to ten people will take part in six training sessions. Some sessions will run in person and online, and others online only, so everyone can access them.
The training sessions will help you:
- Understand the AgriFood innovation sector better
- Learn how to get support when applying for funding through Innovate UK and beyond
- Improve your access to partners and markets
- Expand your business
Some topics covered during the training sessions will be tailored to the needs of the cohort. The programme will be finalised when participants have been selected.
Why take part?
- Improve your understanding of the AgriFood sector (crops, livestock, aquaculture and food and drink manufacturing)
- Get support from our expert AgriFood team who have been helping innovators apply for funding for years
- Get direct insight into how Innovate UK funding works and what makes a successful application
- Find out what additional support is available for people with accessibility requirements
- Hear from experts in accessing investment
- Meet other innovators like you and build a network of contacts to support each other
- Deadline to apply: 24 November 2023
- Programme starting: Week commencing 15 January 2024.
- Programme finishing: Week commencing 24 June 2024.
How to take part
Apply by completing this form before 24 November 2023.
Successful applicants will be notified by 11 December 2023.
Find out more
Get in touch with Cathryn Lambourne to find out more about the programme and ask a question.