Independent Scientific Advisors Role Profile | The Alan Turing Institute
Empower your expertise by joining the Innovate UK BridgeAI team as an Independent Scientific Advisor. Collaborate with leading organisations, influence AI adoption, and be part of groundbreaking AI initiatives.
About the ‘Independent Scientific Advisors Role Profile’
As an Independent Scientific Advisor (ISA) or Associate Advisor, you play a pivotal role in the Innovate UK BridgeAI programme.
Your expertise and guidance will empower organisations seeking AI adoption and capability development.
You’ll work in collaboration with Innovate UK, Digital Catapult, The Hartree Centre, and BSI to provide independent scientific advice, mentoring, and guidance.
- For Independent Scientific Advisors (ISAs): Join a 6 to 10-person panel and be part of a small team collaborating with fellow panel members and programme experts. Your role focuses on providing tailored support to organisations dealing with AI adoption challenges. A minimum commitment of 1 day a week at the Turing is expected.
- For Associate Advisors: Support the ISA panel by offering specialised guidance in your area of expertise, addressing complex issues. Your commitment, ranging from 2 to 10 hours per month, will be flexible based on project requirements. Associate Advisors will receive compensation via a research services agreement or secondment agreement as appropriate.
- Shape the AI Landscape: Influence and shape the future of AI technologies in low AI maturity sectors, such as agriculture, transport, construction, and creative industries.
- Expand Your Network: Collaborate and network with a community of experts and professionals through participation, building valuable connections.
- In-depth Expertise: Gain comprehensive insights into the challenges and opportunities in AI adoption and become a part of the esteemed Turing Community.
Who is The Alan Turing Institute?
The Alan Turing Institute is the national institute for data science and AI, tackling big challenges in science, society, and the economy through research. The Institute is committed to advancing the world-changing potential of data science and artificial intelligence while promoting ethical and responsible use.