Global Incubator Programme: India (Hyderabad) - Urban Systems
Innovate UK are seeking up to 10 innovative companies in the Urban Systems sector with net zero transition solutions, to join our program based in Hyderabad.
Innovate UK will fund and organise flights, accommodation, in-market transfers for successful applicants for two group market visits February and July 2024. One representative from each company will be funded per visit.
Note: This opportunity is fully funded support and not monetary funding.
Innovate UK’s Global Incubator Programme, delivered in partnership with Innovate UK EDGE, is an acceleration programme for innovative businesses to work with world-leading incubators abroad.
As part of our Net Zero Living initiative, we are currently accepting applications for up to 10 innovative companies in the Urban Systems sector to join our program delivered in partnership with T-Hub innovation campus and ecosystem based in Hyderabad.
We would welcome applications from innovative companies that are developing solutions to challenge areas that cities are facing in their transition to a just and sustainable net zero. These could include:
- Products and services that tackle the electrification challenge in areas such as transport, heating & cooling, and grid management.
- Clean technologies that address sustainable resource management across the water and waste sectors.
- Solutions for driving uptake of net zero citizen engagement and sustainable behaviour change, as well as the systems such as data or sensoring, that may help underpin them.
To apply, you must:
- Be a UK based company
- Be a business with fewer than 500 employees
- Have a focus on Urban Systems
On acceptance to the initiative a commitment fee of £1000 will be obtained from each delegate, which will be refunded on completion of the full activities and agreed action plan. Non-completion after formal acceptance may result in forfeiting some or all the commitment fee.
India is striving to promote and develop core infrastructure elements in large urban areas such as good water and electricity supplies, sanitation, and affordable housing. Over the next 30 years, some 400 million people are expected to move into urban environments across India. This presents major opportunities, which are captured in part by the Government of India’s ‘100 Smart Cities’ mission to prepare cities to cope with the challenges of urban living.
Hyderabad, the capital city of the state of Telangana, has a vision that revolves around creating modern, efficient and sustainable infrastructure. It has successfully implemented a range of initiatives to begin to create a greener urban environment for its citizens. These include:
- Smart City Infrastructure – Investments in cutting-edge technologies focused on intelligent street lighting, and efficient waste management solutions.
- Renewable Energy – Adoption of sustainable energy sources such as solar power generation in residential and commercial buildings.
- Water Management – Implementation of smart water management solutions such as smart water meters, leak detection systems and real-time monitoring of water supply.
- Intelligent Transport Systems – Introduction of smart traffic signals, cycling infrastructure, electric vehicles and promotion of sustainable transport alternatives.
Applications Close: 20th October 2023
Shortlist Interviews: 13th to 17th November 2023
Cohort Confirmed: 24th November 2023
Programme Commences: February 2024
For more information, assistance with your application or to discuss accessibility needs, please contact: Ian Fletcher at email@example.com or call +44 (0)7572 385533