Global Incubator Programme: Advanced Manufacturing - Canada
Innovate UK are seeking up to eight innovative companies in Advanced Manufacturing to join their programme with MaRS Discovery District in Toronto.
The Global Incubator Programme is an acceleration programme for SMEs to spend time in world-leading incubators abroad. Training and incubator costs will be covered.
Note: This opportunity is fully funded support and not monetary funding.
Innovate UK’s Global Incubator Programme, delivered in partnership with Innovate UK EDGE, is an acceleration programme for innovative businesses to work with world-leading incubators abroad.
We are currently accepting applications for up to eight innovative companies in the Advanced Manufacturing sector to join our programme with MaRS Discovery District in Toronto, Canada.
This is part of UKRI’s Re-imagine Manufacturing programme – visit the site for further information.
To apply, you must:
- Be a UK based company
- Be a business with fewer than 500 employees
- Have a focus on Manufacturing Technologies
On acceptance to the initiative a commitment fee of £1000 will be obtained from each delegate, which will be refunded on completion of the full activities and agreed action plan. Non-completion after formal acceptance may result in forfeiting some or all the commitment fee.
- Materials for the future economy – discovery, scaling, accelerating adoption of advanced, bio-based and sustainable materials, and the associated processing
- Smart design – through-life and multidisciplinary design engineering with support of digital tools to derisk and prototype new ideas
- Resilient supply chains – procurement of raw materials and components, and the repurposing of emissions, solid waste and industrial water back into manufacturing
- World-class production – automated and adaptive manufacturing, productivity enhancement, predictive maintenance, bio manufacture and resource efficiency
- Longer in use and reuse – sustainable consumption of resources and reuse, repair, recycling, remanufacture, and ultimate disposal products and materials
Canada is ranked among the top four startup ecosystems globally and is the number one destination for entrepreneurs.
MaRS is North America’s largest urban innovation hub. A registered non-profit, MaRS supports high-growth start-ups and scale-ups tackling key issues in health, cleantech, and other sectors. In addition, MaRS convenes all members of the tech ecosystem to drive breakthrough discoveries, grow the economy and make an impact by solving real problems for real people.
From high-growth start-ups to scale-ups, MaRS tech founders grow their companies and create meaningful innovation. MaRS works with 1,400 companies across Canada, turning breakthrough ideas into products and services with global impact. In 2020 alone, MaRS supported ventures raised $2.4 billion collectively, while generating $1.5 billion in revenue.
Applications close: 4th August 2023
Shortlist Interviews: 21st – 24th August 2023
First Market Visit: 23rd – 29th September 2023
Second Market Visit: 27th January – 2nd February 2024