Global Business Innovation Programme in Singapore - Smart Manufacturing
The Global Business Innovation Programme (GBIP) for Smart Manufacturing with Singapore is open for applications until 13th August 2023.
Briefings from sector and market experts, help to find business partners, advice on best practice, market visit with pre-arranged meetings and activities, bespoke one-to-one support from an Innovate UK EDGE innovation and growth specialist.
Note: This opportunity is fully funded support and not monetary funding.
We aim to facilitate collaboration between UK and Singaporean businesses and encourage innovation and deployment of smart manufacturing solutions across challenges of the Innovate UK materials and manufacturing vision 2050 – stimulating interest, focus and action to make the UK a leading, world-class destination for advanced low carbon manufacturing.
This GBIP is anchored at the prestigious Industrial Transformation ASIA-PACIFIC 2023 event ITAP. Benefits for the participant include: the opportunity to explore connections and networks in Singapore; a better understanding of doing business in Singapore; find potential innovation collaborators and partners to develop their network in the UK and globally.
Find out how our GBIP in Singapore can help your business grow.
A GBIP has three stages:
Prepare for the market
Preparing for the market includes the cohort being briefed by sector and market experts on, for example, cultural aspects of conducting business in that country. Delegates receive help to find business partners and arrange meetings and are advised on best practice including the management and protection of their intellectual property.
Visiting the market
Visiting the market provides opportunities to attend pre-arranged meetings and activities in order to better understand and maximise the opportunities that the visit presents.
Exploiting the opportunity
Exploiting the opportunity is arguably the most important aspect of the programme. To maximise the opportunity, participating companies are given bespoke one-to-one support from an Innovate UK EDGE innovation and growth specialist to help develop and implement an action plan.
The Global Business Innovation Programme operates on a competitive basis and businesses selected are required to participate in all three stages (some or all of which may be online).
Singapore has an advanced digital economy and is consistently ranked as one of the world’s most innovative cities. Singapore can serve as a gateway to Asia due to its high GDP per capita, healthcare, transport, infrastructure quality and technology adoption, plus an attractive tax system, a familiar legal framework, and the ease of doing business in English. The Singapore Economy 2030 vision establishes manufacturing as a key pillar. The Manufacturing 2030 plan is to increase manufacturing value-add by 50% by 2030.
We are inviting applications from scale-up and high growth companies enabling innovation in the following areas outlined in the Innovate UK materials and manufacturing vision 2050:
- Materials for the future economy – discovery, scaling, accelerating adoption of advanced, bio-based, and sustainable materials, and the associated processing.
- Smart design – through-life and multidisciplinary design engineering with support of digital tools to de-risk and prototype new ideas.
- Resilient supply chains – procurement of raw materials and components, and the repurposing of emissions, solid waste, and industrial water back into manufacturing.
- World-class production – automated and adaptive manufacturing, productivity enhancement, predictive maintenance, biomanufacture and resource efficiency.
- Longer in use and reuse – sustainable consumption of resources and reuse, repair, recycling, remanufacture, and ultimate disposal products and materials.
We are keen to support organisations in materials and manufacturing embracing innovation to be:
- Net zero and resource efficient,
- Resilient and responsive
- Technologically advanced and digital
Watch the recording of the applicant briefing event on 19th July 2023 here.
- Closing date for applications: 13th August 2023
- Pre-visit briefing(s): 12th & 13th August 2023
- Innovation visit: 16th-20th October 2023
- Post-visit workshop: Q1 2024
If you require any additional information, please contact Kevin Hallas: Kevin.Hallas@innovateukedge.ukri.org.