Faraday Battery Challenge Investment Readiness Programme 2023
Apply now to be part of the Faraday Battery Challenge Investment Readiness Programme for 2023. Innovate UK KTN will select up to 15 SMEs to join the programme to accelerate their investment journey.
Selected SMEs will join a 12 week programme of workshops led by Innovate UK KTN and supported by experts and investors including one to one mentoring sessions.
Innovate UK KTN
To date, Innovate UK KTN has run two previous cohorts in 2021 and 2022 with 90% of companies going on to achieve a positive outcome and or raising capital. We are excited to bring on a new cohort of companies for 2023 which we are confident will be just as successful. So if you’re an SME in the battery sector and are seeking to accelerate your investment raise, please apply!
The programme will support you to hone your pitch to investors, get a better understanding of the funding landscape, prepare your investment materials and be more confident in delivering a compelling commercial story. The programme will be led by Innovate UK KTN with support from the Faraday Battery Challenge as well as expert support by Mountside Ventures and Stronger Stories. The programme will provide regular touch points with investors to help you navigate the fundraising process, make connections and kick start your journey.
We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and female applicants. Diversity is a central priority for Innovate UK KTN. We focus on developing and championing greater diversity which we know will create a better and stronger innovation system for the UK.
Selected SMEs will join a 12 week programme of workshops led by Innovate UK KTN and supported by experts and investors including one to one mentoring sessions. At the end of the Programme, you’ll have developed an investor pitch, finished your proposition and you’ll have a defendable understanding of your finances and future plans. The Programme will culminate in a live showcase event where the cohort will pitch to an audience of investors interested in the battery sector. If you would like to apply to take part, please complete our application form at the link below.
- UK based SMEs
- Organisations active in battery technologies for transport and energy storage.
- Organisations across the battery value chain (including cell materials and components, cells, modules and packs, recycling & enabling technologies)
- The programme is open to new participants only. If you have participated in the Faraday Battery Challenge Investment Readiness Programme 2021 and 2022 you will not be eligible to re-apply.
- Deadline for applications: 5pm, 2nd May 2023
- Application review and selection: w/c 1st May 2023
- Cohort “get to know you”: w/c 8th May *(virtual)
- Workshop on Narrative and Storytelling: w/c 15th May (live)
- Workshop on Funding Options and Strategy: w/c 22nd May (virtual)
- Pitch practice session: w/c 5th June (live)
- Panel to select companies to pitch at Showcase: w/c 12th June (virtual)
- Showcase of selected companies to UK investors: w/c 10th July (live)
*The dates are subject to change. Additional sessions will be added to address the cohort’s needs; participation in these will be optional. Mentoring support will also be available throughout the programme.
Guidance on how to apply can be found here.
You can review a copy of the T&Cs here . Successful applications will be required to sign and adhere to these.