Eureka Eurostars 3: call 2
UK registered SMEs can apply for a share of up to £2.5million to develop collaborative research in partnership with organisations from participating Eureka Eurostars member countries.
This competition is for UK micro, small or medium sized enterprises (SMEs) that want to apply to the Eurostars Programme 3, call 2.
Please visit the Eureka call for proposals web page for further information.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, is investing up to £2.5 million to fund collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects focused on industrial research.
Your project must have high market potential and develop at least one of the following:
- innovative products
- technology based applications
- technology based services
To apply, you must fulfil seven eligibility criteria:
- Your consortium is led by an innovative SME from a Eurostars country.
- Your consortium includes at least two independent entities.
- Your consortium includes entities from at least two Eurostars countries, the entities concerned must be independent from each other.
- The budget of the SME(s) from a Eurostars country, excluding subcontracting, is 50% or more of the total project cost.
- No single participant or country is responsible for more than 70% of the project budget.
- The project duration is 36 months or less.
- The project has an exclusively civilian purpose.
UK registered SME’s can apply for a total grant of up to 360,000 euros for each eligible UK project partner or 60% of total eligible project costs, whichever is the least.
Your project can last up to 36 months.
Your project start date depends on the national funding procedures of the Eureka Eurostars members involved in the selected projects.
Projects must be collaborative.
In the UK, only UK registered innovative SMEs are eligible for funding. More than one UK SME can be involved in each project.
Each of the UK innovative SMEs must meet one or more of these conditions:
- invest 10% or more of their turnover into research
- have 10% of their full time equivalent staff working on research activities
- have 5 or more full time staff working on research activities if the SME has 100 or fewer employees
- have 10 or more full time staff working on research activities if the SME has more than 100 employees
Innovate UK will not fund any other types of organisations, including:
- academic institutions, including universities
- research and technology organisations (RTOs)
- large businesses
These organisations can take part but must self-fund or use funds from other sources.
UK SMEs can only take part in one Eurostars project at a time. UK partners must be separate, non-linked legal entities. UK partners must have been trading for 12 months at the competition application deadline. All UK funded work must be carried out in the UK and your project costs must be incurred in the UK.
An online briefing event will be held on 2nd February 2022 from 10am-11m GMT: click here to register to attend.
If you would like help to find a partner, contact KTN’s Europe team.