Automotive Transformation Fund Expression of Interest: Round 27
UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £1 billion for capital centric investment projects that help industrialise the electrified automotive supply chain at scale in the UK.
Your project must request a minimum of £1 million in grant against your total eligible project costs. The grant requested should be the minimum required to ensure sustainability of the investment.
Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC)
The Automotive Transformation Fund (ATF) is an Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) programme that aims to establish a competitive and sustainable UK supply chain.
It offers a share of up to £1 billion of funding for capital and associated industrial research projects. This will be to support the industrialisation of a high value, electrified automotive supply at scale in the UK.
This is an expression of interest (EoI) competition, which is the first stage in a two stage process. Your EoI application outlines your proposal and potential benefits to the UK. If your application is successful, you will be invited to progress to a full application for the ATF competition.
Your total project costs and project duration must be strongly aligned to the Automotive Transformation Fund (ATF). To be eligible your project must request a minimum of £1 million in grant against your total eligible project costs.
To lead a project or work alone your organisation must:
- be a UK registered business of any size
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- address the requirements of the Automotive Transformation Fund
There are no restrictions on the number of applications a business can lead or collaborate on in this EoI stage of the competition.
Your application can be for:
- capital investment only
- capital and associated R&D activity
Your proposal must prioritise the scale up in areas mentioned in the Automotive Transformation Strategy for an electrified supply chain. Your project must prioritise scale up and focus on one or more of the following:
- batteries including cells (’gigafactories’)
- electric motors and drives
- power electronics
- fuel cells
- upstream supply chain for, batteries including cells, electric motors and drives, power electronics or fuel cells
Your project must focus on one or more of the following:
Batteries including cells (’gigafactories’)
- cathode materials and manufacturing
- anode materials and manufacturing
- cell assembly components (including separators)
Electric motors and drives
- magnet materials and manufacturing
- electrical steel materials and manufacturing
- electrical machine assembly
- drive line components
- assembly and test into complete drive unit
- wide band gap semi-conductors
- power electronics assembly
- Membrane Electrode Assembly (MEA)
- fuel cell stack assembly
- storage tanks
Upstream Supply Chain including:
- raw materials
- component manufacturing
- sub-assembly manufacturing
The Automotive Transformation Fund provides detailed information on the specific themes of this competition.
If you would like help to find a collaboration partner, contact Innovate UK KTN’s Transport team.