Automotive Transformation Fund Expression of Interest: Round 16
Registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £1billion for capital centric investment projects that help industrialise the electrified automotive supply chain at scale in the UK.
Total eligible project costs and project duration must be appropriate and in proportion to the planned objectives and prioritisation of the Automotive Transformation Fund. Total funding available is £1bn.
Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC)
The Automotive Transformation Fund (ATF) is an Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) programme that aims to establish a competitive and sustainable UK supply chain.
It offers a share of up to £1billion of funding for capital and associated industrial research projects. This will be to support the industrialisation of a high value, electrified automotive supply at scale in the UK.
This is an expression of interest (EoI) competition, which is the first stage in a two stage process. Your EoI application outlines your proposal and potential benefits to the UK. If your application is successful, you will be invited to progress to a full application for the ATF competition.
To lead a project or work alone your organisation must:
- be a business of any size
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- address the requirements of the Automotive Transformation Fund
You should be looking to transform the automotive industry through significant business or production expansion. We expect your project to be centred around a product, process or technology that you have already demonstrated and have confirmed as technically and economically feasible.
Your application can be for:
- capital investment only
- capital and associated R&D activity
Your proposal must prioritise the scale up in areas mentioned in the Automotive Transformation Strategy for an electrified supply chain. Your project must prioritise scale up and can focus on but is not limited to:
- batteries including cells (’gigafactories’)
- electric motors and drives
- power electronics
- fuel cells
- upstream supply chain for, batteries including cells, electric motors and drives, power electronics or fuel cells
- recycling of, batteries including cells, electric motors and drives, power electronics or fuel cells
If you would like to discuss a potential application or find a collaboration partner, contact Simon Buckley or KTN’s Transport team.