Winter Enrichment Program 2020 ‚Äì Opportunities for UK Delegates
Upcoming event in Saudi Arabia on Personalised Medicine offers opportunities for UK delegates to participate through SIN sponsorship.
The Winter Enrichment Program 2020 (WEP 2020) takes place 12th ‚Äì 23rd January 2020 at the King Abdullah University for Science and Technology (KAUST). 2020 marks the 10th edition of the annual science festival.
The event will cover the following areas:
- The future of medicine: how can we leverage current science and technology to implement customised treatments, drugs, applications, and biotechnology?
- The use of personalised medicine and genetic information in security, biology, AI, technology, science.
- The economic impact of personalised medicine and technology and how does it fit in the vision 2030.
- The impact of culture, ethics, and the environment on personal health.
- New trends on well-being and lifestyle.
Ian Campbell, Interim Executive Chair for Innovate UK, will be speaking at the event, as well as Hanadi Sleiman (Professor of Chemistry and Canada Research Chair in DNA Nanoscience, McGill University), Ajay K Royyuru (Vice President, Healthcare and Life Sciences Research IBM), Shuji Nakamura (Nobel Prize in Physics 2014, Professor of Material, University of Santa Barbara), amongst several others.
Up to ten UK-based academics and SMEs will be sponsored by the UK Science and Innovation Network to travel to attend and exhibit at WEP 2020 on 12th and 13th January. The delegates will be invited to stay a couple of extra days to engage with KAUST academics to identify collaboration opportunities. The UK exhibitors will also have the opportunity to present in front of an audience that will include buyers from Saudi hospitals, Government officials including Minister of Health, entrepreneurs, interested Saudi businesses, staff and students.
If you‚Äôd like more information about the sponsorship opportunities for UK delegates, please contact Giulia Boselli.
For more information please click here.