Travel support for UK businesses to attend European events - Apply now!
Innovate UK is offering travel support for companies to attend consortia building events in Europe. Our travel awards are an excellent mechanism for supporting companies who want to expand their networks across Europe and make an impact in collaborative international research and development projects. These awards encourage UK participation, engagement and visibility at international events and aim to accelerate UK involvement in European research programmes (incl. Horizon Europe and EUREKA.)
To be eligible for support, you need to be a for-profit UK-based R&D performing SME according to the EU definition (see definition here). If successful in your application for travel and accommodation costs, you will receive pro-active support from Innovate UK to help you maximise the benefit of attending. Please note, that successful applicants will need to adhere to Innovate UK’s policy for reasonable travel expenses (in line with HMRC travel and subsistence overview), a copy will be provided to successful applicants.
Up to £700 is available to help cover travel and subsistence costs needed to attend the following events:
- EU Agri-Food Days, 5-8 December, Brussels, Belgium (Deadline to apply: 27 November 2023, Notification date: 29 November 2023)
- EU Agri-Food Days – Agri-Digital Conference, 8 December, Brussels, Belgium (Deadline to apply: 27 November 2023, Notification date: 29 November 2023)
- 16th European Space Conference, 23-24 January 2024, Brussels, Belgium (Deadline to apply: 2 January 2024, Notification date: 8 January 2023)
- Road Transport Research Conference (RTR Conference) 5-7 February 2024, Brussels, Belgium (Deadline to apply: 24 January 2024, Notification date: 29 January 2024)
- “Charting the course towards a Sustainable Blue Economy” Symposium, 13-14 February 2024, Brussels, Belgium (Deadline to apply: 23 January 2024, Notification date: 24 January 2024)
- Clean Aviation Annual Forum 5-6 March 2024, Brussels, Belgium (Deadline to apply: 21 February 2024, Notification date: 26 February 2024)
- Transport Research Arena (TRA) 15-18 April 2024, Dublin, Ireland (Deadline to apply: 3 April 2024, Notification date: 8 April 2024)
European event travel award testimonials summary
After speaking with those who have previously received travel support, here is an overview of the feedback they shared with us:
“These Innovate UK European event travel awards enabled us to meet with experienced companies as well as universities to discuss collaborating on Horizon Europe international projects and learn about collaborative European funding opportunities which was especially useful as the UK is now associated with Horizon Europe. We really enjoyed expanding our international network by joining research groups and forming consortiums with valuable business partners. Working alongside industry specialists from a diverse range of countries to understand how to develop and implement a new technology into the global marketplace provides endless possibilities.”
Innovate UK helps UK companies engage with European funding programmes and help them create collaborations.