Transport Technology Research Innovation Grant (T-TRIG) 2017 has officially launched
T-TRIG funds early-stage research projects into innovative ideas or concepts to help create a better transport system in the UK.
The Transport Technology Research Innovation Grant (T-TRIG) is part of the Department for Transport‚Äôs Innovation Grant funding.
The purpose of the scheme is to:
– reduce barriers to innovation and advance technology in transport
– enable a better transport system in the UK
– exploit smart ideas that have the potential to develop further
– fund early-stage innovations to take to the next stage of development
The scheme funds research into a wide-range of novel and innovative solutions that use science, engineering and technology to advance the UK‚Äôs transport system.
This round of T-TRIG has 3 separate calls:
– an open call for novel and innovative ideas focused on transport
– a targeted call on maritime autonomy, technology and solutions to reduce shipping emissions call
– a targeted call on using big data and machine learning to improve the UK‚Äôs road network
UK-based research organisations or businesses of any size can apply for T-TRIG funding and briefing webinars will hosted by the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN).
Register for a webinar:
For full details click here to visit the DfT website.