Salter's Centenary Awards to promote the practical applications of chemistry
To celebrate its centenary, the Salters‚Äô Institute has set up an award scheme for chemists and chemical engineers starting their careers in industry.
The Salters’ Institute¬†plays a major role in the support of chemistry teaching, the encouragement of young people to pursue careers in the UK chemical industries, and the promotion of chemical education including the whole area of curriculum development.
The purpose of their¬†Centenary Awards is to recognise and support individuals who are starting out in their career and who have the potential to make an outstanding long-term contribution to industries that use chemistry and chemical engineering.
The Awards will be an important part of the Institute‚Äôs programme of activities in support of its mission to promote the practical applications of chemistry at all levels.¬† Award holders will be asked to participate in the Institute‚Äôs educational activities and events with other Salters‚Äô Centenary and Graduate Award holders.
Photo galleries are not available for content from the previous KTN website: we apologise for this.
Up to 4 Awards, each of ¬£2,500, will be made.
- Candidates should be working in the chemical or allied industries in the UK
- Between 3-5 years in industry
- Have a degree in either chemistry or chemical engineering at Bachelors/Masters/Postgraduate level
- Candidates should be nominated by an Industrial Site Manager, Head of Department or equivalent.
The awards will be made by a panel of senior industrialists and academics who will consider the following criteria:
- Evidence of commitment to an industrial career
- Understanding of challenges and opportunities facing industry and a vision of how they can contribute
- Ability to communicate their interest and enthusiasm to a wider audience
- Willingness and ability to take part in the Institute‚Äôs activities
Nominations open on 18 June 2018. The closing date for nominations is Friday 13 July 2018 and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on Tuesday 18 September 2018 at Salters‚Äô Hall. ¬†Awards will be presented to successful candidates at the Institute Awards Ceremony on Friday 7 December 2018, to which their nominators will also be invited.
For more information about the Centenary Awards and to access the nomination form, please visit the Salters‚Äô Institute website.