Quantum Landscape Map Update
To coincide with World Quantum Day 2023, on the 14th April the Quantum Technology Innovation Network at Innovate UK KTN will release an updated version of the quantum landscape map.
The quantum landscape map, which was initially launched in 2020, details UK quantum capabilities in the form of an interactive, searchable and open access tool, highlighting existing businesses, publicly funded projects and research groups, the UK national centres, as well as the available postgraduate training programmes.
Since launch it has been a successful tool for people in industry and research to network within the quantum space.
The new update includes:
- A list of facilities that can offer the hiring of equipment and labs or provide technical expertise/services in construction of devices.
- A list of quantum computers launched by companies that have operations in the UK, along with links to access them via the cloud.
- An improved tagging system which allows for grouping of companies based on a specific interest.
- Over 50 new companies, including technology providers, companies that support the supply chain, innovation drivers and consultancy based firms.
- An additional 135 research groups from over 60 institutions, along with a search by capability feature, which allows the user to easily find groups researching a specific topic or area.
About World Quantum Day
World Quantum Day was first launched in 2021 and is a worldwide initiative to promote public awareness and understanding of Quantum Science and Technology. You can find out more about the live events planned here.