Opportunity to mentor pioneering women in innovation
We are on the lookout for business leaders who can provide pro bono mentoring support and guidance to the UK’s most pioneering women in innovation.
Innovate UK KTN are looking to partner with leaders from across a range of sectors who can help accelerate the business ambitions of the next Women in Innovation Award Winners.
We would be delighted to hear from a diverse range of people of all genders and from any background who can offer strategic business insight, sector expertise and professional support.
In return, you will become a valued member of the Women in Innovation community, which is dedicated to empowering forward-thinking women to achieve their business ambitions while fostering and celebrating gender diversity throughout UK innovation. Please note that this role will sit alongside the support provided by Innovate UK Edge through Innovation & Growth Specialists supporting the award winners through business coaching, and networking.
Through the Women in Innovation programme, Innovate UK and KTN work in collaboration to create a vibrant community of female role models, sharing knowledge and encouraging entrepreneurial growth for women throughout the UK.
We are keen to work with people with various experiences and having a previous mentoring role is not a prerequisite. We aim to be flexible with the specifics of the mentoring partnership so both members find it mutually beneficial, and many go on to support each other outside of the specific Women in Innovation programme.
As a mentor, you will benefit from:
- Participation within a vibrant, inclusive and pioneering community
- Connections with key KTN and Innovate UK stakeholders and partners
- An opportunity to further your own career by being at the cutting-edge of innovation within the UK while supporting brilliant women innovators in their journey
- Opportunity to engage and boost your profile with media and engagement activities
- Social media recognition of your involvement
Skills that will be welcomed from the community include:
- Experience in starting a business, scale up and growth
- Securing investment and managing investor partnerships
- Managing teams or setting up internal team structures including establishing company boards
- Marketing, branding and engagement
As a mentor, we will need you to:
- Commit to partnering with one of the 2022/23 Women in Innovation Award Winners throughout the programme duration (for 12 months from April 2023)
- Attend a one-hour online session on the role of a mentor and your contribution to the mentee journey
- Organise regular (usually monthly) meetings with your mentee (online or in-person)
- Attend ad hoc networking opportunities with the entire cohort of award winners (where possible)
If you would like to explore this opportunity further or know someone who may, we would be delighted to hear from you, ideally by 19 December 2022. Please click here to contact us.
Find out more about the programme and how we are supporting innovative women across the UK.