Open Grant Funding, Cardiff briefing - last few spaces
Competition briefing and networking event for Open Grant Funding Competition, round 2: Wednesday 25th July 2018 at the Life Sciences Hub in Cardiff.
There are only a few places remaining for the Open Grant Funding Round 2 competition briefing and networking event in Cardiff, run by the Welsh Government and KTN.
In this funding round, Innovate UK, as part of¬†UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to ¬£20 million in the best cutting-edge or disruptive ideas or concepts with a view to commercialisation.¬†For further information on the fund, click here (you do not have to attend the briefing event to apply for funding).
All proposals must be business focused (rather than pure research). Applications can come from any area of technology, science or engineering, including arts,¬†design, media or¬†creative industries, and be applied to any part of the economy.
Proposals can fit into, or be outside of, one or more of the¬†Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund¬†areas.
Proposals must demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing and/or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services
- ideas that are significantly ahead of others in the field, set for rapid commercialisation
- a strong and deliverable business plan that addresses (and documents) market potential and needs
- a team, business arrangement or working structure with the necessary skills and experience to run and complete the project successfully and on time
- awareness of all the main risks the project will face (including contractor or equipment failure, recruitment delays and so on) with realistic management, mitigation and impact minimisation plans for each
- sound, practical financial plans and timelines
- good value for money, which will always be a consideration in Innovate UK funding decisions
- a clear, evidence based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion
Registration for the event closes on Tuesday 24th July. Fewer than 10 places remain at the time of writing, so get your ticket now if you want to attend.