Open Digital Solutions for Net Zero Energy - new funding competition
Organisations can apply for a share of £1.2m, inclusive of VAT, to develop open software, hardware and data solutions that address the challenges of transforming to a net zero energy system in the UK.
This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition funded by UKRI which opens on Monday 31st January 2022 and will close at 11am Wednesday 9th March 2022.
The competition aims to:
- accelerate net zero energy
- stimulate collaboration on key common digital components
- improve transparency, security & quality of digital solutions
- drive interoperability across organisations and solution providers
- stimulate an open collaborative culture across the sector
- accelerate UK net zero energy sector innovation & growth
You can develop an open solution, across the value chain, for any of the following net zero energy sectors:
- carbon capture, use and storage
- whole system integration
Your open solution can be:
- data solution
The themes listed are not exhaustive and applications are welcome from open solution proposals that can make a significant contribution to decarbonising energy. Click here to find out more about the competition.
Online Competition Briefing Event
You are invited to attend a virtual competition briefing event on 9th February 2022, hosted by UKRI and Innovate UK KTN. Attendees will be able to hear more about the scope of the competition and the application process and ask questions to the team.
Click here to register for the briefing event.
SBRI Competition: Open Digital Solutions for Net Zero Energy
Opens: 31/01/2022 Closes: 09/03/2022
Organisations can apply for a share of £1.2 million, inclusive of VAT, to develop open solutions to accelerate decarbonisation of energy in the UK.