Maritime Innovation Sound Waves - Podcast Episode 4: Green Ports
Episode 4 of the Maritime Innovation Sound Waves Podcast from the Maritime and Ports Innovation Network has drifted ashore. This podcast series is dedicated to discussing and exploring technologies as well as solutions developed and used in the Ports and Maritime sector to meet the UK’s Net Zero targets.
In this episode, Matthew Moss, the Maritime Knowledge Transfer Manager at Innovate UK KTN is joined by guests Elly Howe, Environmental and Sustainability Coordinator at Portsmouth International Port & Jerry Clarke, Marine Pilot at Portsmouth International Port and Marlene Mitchell, Commercial Manager from the Port of Aberdeen, exploring the topic of Green Ports.
During this podcast discussion, they discuss port decarbonisation initiatives and the large transformational projects that are enabling the UK to adopt sustainable technologies.
Useful links and additional information
- The Maritime & Ports Innovation Network is a community that collates knowledge from the maritime and ports sector to solve challenges and share industry opportunities to succeed in the transition to a Net Zero future through building innovative maritime solutions.
- Contact Innovate UK KTN’s Infrastructure team.
- Contact Innovate UK KTN’s Transport team.
- Explore the Portsmouth International Port & Port of Aberdeen websites.
- Read the Maritime Innovation Podcast Episode 4 Transcript.
Maritime & Ports Innovation Network
Following the success of the Decarbonising Ports & Harbours Innovation Network held from 2020 to 2022, we have decided to extend the programme for an additional year. We recognise that since the inception of our original programme in 2019, a lot has happened, we left the EU, we entered a pandemic and a financial crisis (not just because we left the EU) and we reaffirmed our commitment to decarbonising our industries including maritime.