Maritime Innovation Sound Waves - Episode 1: Smart Ports
Welcome to the Maritime Innovation Sound Waves Podcast from the Maritime and Ports Innovation Network – a series dedicated to discussing and exploring technologies as well as solutions developed and used in the Ports and Maritime sectors to meet the UK’s Net Zero targets.
In this episode, we discuss the use cases of Smart Ports designed to support the digitalisation of supply chain logistics and increase resilience, improve efficiency, and accelerate decarbonisation.
Hosted by Mark Wray, we are joined in this episode by Thomas White, former Ecosystems Director for Maritime from the Connected Places Catapult & Richard Willis, Technical Director for Port Technology at Royal HaskoningDHV.
Useful links and additional information
- The Maritime & Ports Innovation Network is a community that collates knowledge from the maritime and ports sector to solve challenges and share industry opportunities to succeed in the transition to a net zero future through building innovative maritime solutions.
- Access the Smarter UK ports case studies from Royal HaskoningDHV The Mersey river transport reimagined report that Royal HaskoningDHV and Connected Places Catapult mentioned contains details about the Mersey freight and passenger transport ecosystem and future low-carbon, automated transport solutions can be viewed by clicking here.
- Contact Innovate UK KTN’s Infrastructure team.
- Contact Innovate UK KTN’s Transport team.
- Explore Connected Places Catapult and Royal HaskoningDHV.
Maritime & Ports Innovation Network
Following the success of the Decarbonising Ports & Harbours Innovation Network held from 2020 to 2022, we have decided to extend the programme for an additional year. We recognise that since the inception of our original programme in 2019, a lot has happened, we left the EU, we entered a pandemic and a financial crisis (not just because we left the EU) and we reaffirmed our commitment to decarbonising our industries including maritime.