Innovate Local: Go Beyond the Limits
Created by Innovate UK KTN in partnership with the Innovate UK family and regional stakeholders across the country, Innovate Local engages with local businesses to open up paths to innovation and long-term success.
"“Our Innovate Local programme has evolved to be an exciting and unique one-stop shop for businesses to understand what innovation support is available both locally and nationally and to meet practitioners who can help them understand what support is best for them. It convenes the whole Innovate UK family including the KTN, Innovate Edge and the Catapult network - alongside local business support such as the Growth Hubs. By tailoring these events to local needs and agendas, we are working in partnership with local stakeholders to ensure we reach businesses all across the country and to unlock the contribution that Innovation can make to Levelling-up.” "
Dean Cook, MBA, FRSB, Head of Regional Engagement, Innovate UK
Innovate and Shine on
Innovation is hard and takes time – and Innovate UK is here to help.
The Innovate Local Programme is a suite of regional engagement events that promote Innovate UK & UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) objectives. We work with local stakeholders to create an event that addresses regional innovation priorities and workshops to help businesses learn more about the grants and innovation process.
Our objective is to reach out to local businesses and demonstrate the types and levels of support available. In addition, to inspire them to look at innovation in their business through the presentation and panel sessions.
The Programme is now in its 5th year, and Innovate UK KTN has been a trusted delivery partner throughout this time, organising and delivering the Innovate Local events.
The Innovate Local Programme returns for 2021/22:
- 20th October 2021 – Yorkshire, Humber and the North East (Watch webinar recordings here)
- 15th December 2021 – East Midlands (Watch webinar recordings here)
- 25th January 2022 – North West
- 8th February 2022 – South West (Register now)
- 10th March 2022 – East of England (Register now)
- April 2022 – South East
- May 2022 – West Midlands
What can you get?
Working alongside regional offices, universities and different organisations, Innovate UK KTN host events with presentations, success stories, panels and workshops where you can:
- Find out about the local economic priorities and the growth opportunities for businesses developing new ideas across your region.
- Hear from and meet with national and local support agencies. They can help you form collaborative partnerships, undertake Research and Development, access funding and finance, and develop skills and talent for your business.
- Hear from local businesses about their innovation journey and network with potential partners and clients you may be able to collaborate with to fast track your innovation
- Agencies and practitioners across the partner agencies will have the opportunity to network with each other and engage with businesses seeking innovation support.
Find out more about how to innovate and maximise your success.
For more information or to get involved in Innovate Local, please contact Natasha Sim, Innovate Local Project Manager here.
Related Events and Recordings
Women in Innovation Award winners share advice for applicants
The Women in Innovation Awards 2021/22 will support at least 20 women with a £50,000 grant and bespoke business support package. As the Awards open to applicants, winners from the 2020/21 cohort share their advice on how to deliver an application that delivers impact and enables your passion to shine through.
Five things every entrepreneur needs to know before hiring a team
Mandy Hamerla, virtual HR director and leadership mentor, shares her top five tips on how to stay on the right path when hiring your top team.