Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) returns for the summer
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has launched a further competition window for applications to the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF).
The IETF supports industrial sites, such as manufacturing, mining, quarrying and material recycling, with high energy use to transition to a low carbon future. The fund targets existing industrial processes, helping industry to:
- cut energy bills by investing in more efficient technologies; and
- reduce emissions by bringing down the costs and risks associated with investing in deep decarbonisation technologies.
Funding is allocated through a competitive process aimed at supporting the highest quality and most transformational bids. The £70million Summer 2022 window is open to a broad range of industrial sectors and will support applicants based in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, both within and outside of industrial clusters. The competition will open for applications on Monday 30 May and will run until Friday 9 September 2022.
The competition will provide grant funding towards the costs of:
- Feasibility and engineering studies – for potential deployment projects that will deliver energy efficiency or decarbonisation benefits if implemented, enabling decision-makers to make informed investment choices.
- Deployment of mature energy efficiency – technologies that improve industrial energy efficiency and reduce energy demand (TRL 8-9).
- Deployment of deep decarbonisation – technologies that reduce carbon emissions associated with the industrial process (TRL 7-9).
Examples of eligible technologies that could be deployed are process optimisation, process equipment upgrades, waste heat recovery, fuel switching and carbon capture and utilisation.
Read about past IETF competition winners from Phase 1.
To view the applicant guidance and make an application for funding, please visit our competition page.
Industrial Energy Transformation Fund, Phase 2: Summer 2022 stakeholder event
We invite you to join our online IETF Phase 2: Summer 2022 webinar on Wednesday 8th June, 10am-12.30pm. It will be an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the competitions.
- Learn about eligibility criteria.
- Learn how to make an application for funding.
- Network online and develop partnerships for the competitions.
- Speak with BEIS online for one-to-one discussions about the competitions.
To register for the webinar, please visit our registration site.