HMG Security Science & Technology ‚Äì Industry and Academia Information Day
Agencies present to industry and academia a forward look for their security science, technology and innovation programmes and funding opportunities.
The Home Office, Department for Transport, Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure and other departments and agencies, would like to present to industry and academia a forward look for their security science, technology and innovation programmes and funding opportunities.
The briefing day will be held on Thursday 19th¬†July in Central London, in conjunction with the Joint Security and Resilience Centre (JSaRC), the Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA), the UK‚Äôs Security and Resilience Industry Suppliers Community (RISC) and the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN).
At this event¬†HMG will present an update on National Security Science and Technology programmes and priorities, and brief on opportunities and ways to work with government departments. In particular,¬†HMG will be launching the following funding competition:
- Future Aviation Security Solutions (FASS) ‚Äì FASS, a joint Home Office and Department for Transport programme which aims to deliver a step change in aviation security, will launch a new funding competition.¬† Working with the Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA), this ¬£1m FASS themed competition seeks solutions to improve the efficiency of vehicle checkpoint screening at airports.¬† Find out more about this themed competition and working with FASS and DASA by attending the competition launch.
What will you get from the day?
An overview of the research that will be commissioned this year, including:
- more detail on the content, timing and value of funding competitions;
- how the research will be commissioned and information on Terms and Conditions;
- how you can bid into the Defence and Security Accelerator‚Äôs Open Call for Innovation;
- an overview of how best to approach Government with your innovative solutions and research ideas;
- the opportunity to network with policy makers, end users, academia and industry.
Please register your interest for the event here.¬† Your application will be reviewed, and if approved, you will be provided with the details of the Central London venue within one week of the event.