European Space Agency announce 'Space for Biotechnology' funding call
Firms can apply for up to ‚Ç¨200k from ESA to develop biotechnology services that can benefit from using space-based data or capabilities.
This opportunity enables companies to carry out feasibility studies and assess economic viability of applications across a range of themes, as set out below:
- Plant Science
- Environmental Monitoring
- Combating desertification
- Controlled-Environment Agriculture
- Plant Engineering
- Digital Health
- Biofuel Production, including Sustainable Aviation Fuel
- Logistics and maintenance
All projects must use one of the following ‘space assets’:
- Satellite Earth Observation (EO)
- Satellite Communication (SatCom)
- Satellite Navigation (SatNav)
- Space Flight Technologies
The ESA can offer funding (100% funding available up to ‚Ç¨200k per activity)¬†and support to companies, both for business case assessment and for the development of new space empowered services that are enabled by biotechnologies. Additional support includes technical and commercial guidance and access to ESA’s network and partners.
Closing date: 21 January 2019
Find out more and apply on the ESA website.