EUREKA Global Business Innovation Programme - Advanced Manufacturing & Materials - South Korea
Applications are now open for Innovate UK’s Global Business Innovation Programme to South Korea, focussed on manufacturing & materials organisations.
Innovate UK‚Äôs Global Business Innovation Programme (GBIP), delivered by Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), is recruiting up to 30 innovative SMEs with emerging advanced manufacturing and advanced materials technologies.
Successful applicants will benefit from a structured programme of support consisting of a preparation phase in the UK, a 5 day tailored programme of activities in South Korea including participation at 2020 Eureka Korea Day with the aim of initiating and building research, technology and innovation partnerships and developing project ideas. Delegates will benefit from a post visit exploitation workshop and 1-2-1 bespoke follow up support from an EEN innovation adviser to help build relationships with South Korean and international partners and exploit international funding opportunities.
Why South Korea?
Ranked 1st on the Bloomberg Global Innovation Index 2019 South Korea is the 11th largest global economy. Home to global brands such as Hyundai, LG and Samsung the country is known as a manufacturing powerhouse with exceptional technological ability and production capacity. In preparation of Industry 4.0 the government has made support for innovation in the manufacturing industry a high priority and committed to bold investments. In 2018 the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy designated future vehicles, energy, semiconductors and displays as key areas for innovation and growth. With current R&D innovation strategy focussing greater investment into SMEs and international collaboration and international funding opportunities such as Eureka and Eurostars this is a market which offers significant opportunity for innovative UK SMEs developing cutting edge technologies.
Advanced Manufacturing and Advanced Materials
- Secondary Batteries and Energy Storage
- Lightweight Materials and Composites
- Recycling of Plastics
- Nano materials and Plastics Materials
- Machinery, Robots and Metal Industry
- Semiconductors and Display
Benefits of the programme:
The Global Business Innovation Programme brings together small cohorts of innovative UK SMEs looking to grow and scale globally. Each programme focuses on a specific country and technology or sector area and enables the business to build collaborations and partnerships and explore innovation opportunities.
Business representatives will work with a designated EEN innovation adviser and receive approximately 9 months of tailored support through a three phased programme:
- Getting ready for the market: Pre-visit workshop providing advice on how to do business in South Korea, training on developing and articulating the value proposition, bid writing, consortium building and protecting IP.
- Visiting the market: A 5 day programme including participation at the 2020 Eureka Korea Day, with opportunities to meet South Korean and international R & D collaboration partners and develop project ideas through strategic and targeted sessions and B2B meetings. Exclusive access to the South Korean market with introductions to high level contacts, key networks, and company visits.
- Exploiting the opportunity: A post visit workshop and tailored support with a specialist innovation adviser to develop a market exploitation strategy.
Key programme dates:
Closing date for full application: Sunday 15th March 2020, 23:59.
Briefing event: 22nd & 23rd April 2020
Saturday 23rd May to 30th May 2020 (inclusive)
Post visit event: 2nd July 2020
How to apply:
Register My Interest to receive a link to the online application form. It is a competitive process and successful applicants will be notified of selection by no later than 25 March 2020.
For more information please contact Louise Hooker, Programme Lead – firstname.lastname@example.org