Dr Charlie Winkworth-Smith set to give key note speech at Emerging and Enabling Technologies ‚Äì Funding and Expertise Showcase Event
Key note speaker Dr Charlie Winkworth-Smith will be presenting an overview of the Emerging & Enabling Technologies funding landscape.
In light of Innovate UK‚Äôs commitment to funding innovation projects in the area of Emerging and Enabling Technologies, Teeside University will be hosting an event designed to stimulate discussion about potential collaborations between the organisations.
Key note speaker Dr Charlie Winkworth-Smith (Knowledge Transfer Manager in Emerging Technologies) will be presenting an overview of the Emerging & Enabling Technologies funding landscape.
The event aims to showcase Teesside University‚Äôs expertise within Emerging & Enabling Technologies, and welcome businesses to pose related challenges / opportunities, with a view to developing mutually beneficial R&D collaborations.
Innovate UK will fund collaborative R&D projects in the following priority areas, they include (but are not limited to):
Emerging and Digital Technologies
The Internet of Things
Modelling, verification and validation of software and systems
Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Data Analytics or ‚Äòbig data‚Äô
Immersive media, such as virtual or augmented reality
The morning event will:
- Give further information regarding the competition funding and scope
- Showcase Teesside University expertise within aligning areas
- Give businesses an opportunity to ‚Äúpitch‚Äù their opportunities / challenges
- Maximise the potential to network and develop collaborations between partners
Presentations on the day include:
- Machine Intelligence (Dr Yifeng Zeng, Dr Julie Porteous, Dr Claudio Angione)
- Cyber Security & Software Validation (Dr Joao Ferreira, Dr Jim Longstaff, Dr Yingke Chen, Dr Graeme Horsman, Dr Quang Loc Le)
- Influencing Behavioural Economics (Professor Paul Van Schaik, Dr Azar Shahgholian, Dr The-Anh Han)
- Enabling Capabilities – Electronics, sensors and photonics (Professor Zulfiqur Ali)
- Robotics & Autonomous Systems (Dr Bo Wei, Dr Usman Adeel, Dr Michael Short )
- Power Electronics (Dr. Maher Al-Greer)
Register for the event here.