Calling AI end-users: Exploring the impact of Covid-19 and Brexit on the adoption of Artificial Intelligence across sectors
Do you use or plan on using AI to support the growth and productivity of your business? This is your opportunity to influence the support available through Innovate UK to benefit organisations like yours.
In 2019 Innovate UK, the Government’s Office for Artificial Intelligence and Innovate UK KTN held a series of workshops across the UK in order to review how key sectors engaged with Artificial Intelligence and identify potential areas for research and innovation, in order to support their growth and productivity by applying AI.
Now, following two significant shocks to the UK economy, Covid-19 and Brexit, Innovate UK KTN would like to revisit the sectors to understand if their appetite for AI adoption has changed and if so, how best to structure interventions to support their ambitions. In order to do so, we would like to invite end-users to complete a short survey before 25 Feb, that will allow them to share:
• The expected impacts of AI innovation and adoption
• Barriers to AI innovation and adoption
• Risks from AI adoption
• Areas of research that could help to address opportunities, barriers, and risks
• How government support could help your business maximise the benefits from AI and what the expected impacts would be.
Alternatively, we welcome requests for 1-1 online meetings where you will be able to discuss these topics in more detail with our Innovate UK KTN AI Lead, Dr. Caroline Chibelushi. Please contact her via email to set up a convenient time: email@example.com.
This is a fantastic opportunity to share your experience and crucially influence the support mechanisms that Innovate UK will develop to benefit organisations like yours, so don’t miss out!
Who should complete the survey or request an individual meeting?
End-users from the sectors below that are:
- Currently using Artificial Intelligence for their business
- Are considering implementing AI in order to reduce costs, increase customer experience and/or efficiency and productivity
- Wanted to implement AI previously but were restricted by the impact of Covid-19 and/or Brexit.
What sectors do we want to hear from?
- Fishing and Forestry
- Creative Industries
- Quarrying and Utilities
- Transport and Distribution.