Accelerate your business idea with CERN
Create new opportunities, overcome barriers and accelerate business growth at the event on the 30th January, with sessions facilitated by KTN.
In partnership, CERN and the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) will be hosting the CERN Knowledge Exchange Workshop, with afternoon workshops facilitated by the Knowledge Transfer Network.
The workshop is designed to help you discover how CERN technologies and know-how ¬≠can help you create new business opportunities, overcome barriers to technical development and accelerate business growth.
CERN is a world-leading centre of physics and engineering excellence that develops and operates some of the world‚Äôs largest and most complex scientific instruments. This range of revolutionary technology enables innovation in areas as diverse as:
- Medical applications for preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic purposes
- Industry 4.0, including digital manufacturing, robotics, industrial IOT and control systems integration
- Computing applications to support big data collection, management and analytics
The¬†CERN Knowledge Exchange workshop¬†will provide a unique and interactive platform to discuss your ideas directly with CERN experts, as well as to learn more about opportunities for collaboration with STFC and CERN, through the STFC CERN Business Incubation Centre (BIC), based in the UK.
The day will also include roundtable discussions focused on Industry 4.0 and Medical Applications, facilitated by experts from the Knowledge Transfer Network.
Who should attend?
- Tech entrepreneurs, start-ups and existing businesses seeking technical expertise to help solve complex challenges
- Academics with business ideas interested in accessing CERN technologies and exploring the opportunities highlighted above
- Technical business leads with an interest in CERN technologies to support R&D.
Register your interest here. The closing date for registrations is the 11th December 2018.
If you have been selected to attend, you will be informed by no later than the 18th December 2018. Once your place is confirmed, a representative will contact you to gain further information on your business to maximise the opportunity on the day of the event and place you in the most appropriate round table discussion.
The event takes place on 30th January 2019. More information about the workshop can be found¬†here.