13 Early Stage Researchers positions available through European Training Network "ENHANCE"
Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) with broad and intensive training will be provided within a multidisciplinary research and teaching environment.
Piezoelectric Energy Harvesters for Self-Powered Automotive Sensors: from Advanced Lead-Free Materials to Smart Systems (ENHANCE). KTN is an Associate Partner in this project.
Key training topics will include development of energy harvesters compatible with MEMS technology and able to power wireless sensor. Applied to automobiles, such technology will allow for 50 kg of weight saving, connection simplification, space reduction, and reduced maintenance costs – all major steps towards creating green vehicles. Other important topics include technology innovation, education and intellectual asset management.
ENHANCE links world-leading research groups at academic institutions to give a combined, integrated approach of synthesis/fabrication, characterization, modeling/theory linked to concepts for materials integration in devices and systems. Such a science-supported total engineering approach will lead towards efficient piezoelectric energy harvesters viable for the automotive industry. ESRs will focus on this common research objective, applying a multidisciplinary bottom-up approach, which can be summarized by: “engineered molecule- advanced material- designed device – smart system”. ENHANCE also seeks to intensify the relationship between academic and private sectors, and to train highly skilled young researchers for new materials and device technologies. Both are essential to provide a strong European lead over the rest of the world in this highly competitive industry.
- Master degree or equivalent degree which formally entitle to embark on a doctorate;
- Must not have resided or carried out main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of host organisation for more than 12 months in the last 3 years (short stays for holidays do not count);
- Must be in the first four years of full-time equivalent research experience of their research careers (starting from the date when the degree enabling the access to the PhD studies was obtained)
- Have not already been awarded a doctoral degree
How to apply:
- CV (2 pages)
- Diploma (copy) of Master degree or equivalent degree which formally entitle to embark on a doctorate, including annexes with marks/classifications.
- Cover letter (1 page)
- Names and contact details of two referees, who agreed to provide recommendation letters
- List of selected PhD topics in order or preference
Applications should be submitted electronically before January 15th 2018.
Please note that the positions on offer will not be closed until the recruitment panels will not find candidates who fit all the set requirements.
Please check out the following websites for further information on the project