Zero Emission Road Freight: Enabling a Future Large Scale Demonstration - Funding Competition
Join us to find out about a competition addressing zero emission trucks and associated infrastructure.
This session is an informal opportunity to network with likeminded individuals, to form collaborations and future partnerships.
The UK Government is going further and faster to reach net zero across all transport modes, including HGV freight, one of the hardest sectors to decarbonise.
The competition will consist of three strands, addressing zero emission trucks and the associated infrastructure:
- Electric Road System – in-depth planning, design and pre-deployment studies for a future large-scale freight demonstration.
- Hydrogen fuel cell freight – in-depth planning, design and pre-deployment studies for a future large-scale freight demonstration.
- Supply chain technology for zero emission road freight – feasibility studies covering the design, development and manufacturing of zero emission capable freight vehicles in the over 3.5 tonne categories and the infrastructure which will support them.
This will benefit businesses of all sizes (micro, SME and large), academics, RTO and local authorities. We are particularly keen for organisations with relevance and expertise in the following areas to attend:
- HGV and truck OEMs and supporting supply chain
- Transport and logistics operators
- Local authorities
- Academic Institutions and Research Technology Organisations
- Highway Authorities
- Energy providers and regulators
- Infrastructure providers – from refuelling to catenary
- Power Electronics, Machines and Drives
- Batteries and energy storage
- Hydrogen, portable hydrogen storage and hydrogen fuel cells
Collaboration Platform: To help potential applicants to find suitable partners for the competition, KTN has launched a networking platform. This tool can be used to discuss project opportunities and facilitate introductions between organisations interested in this area. It provides powerful networking through online messaging and 1:1 virtual meetings. You will be able to use this to upload your profile, search other users’ profiles and book video chat meetings via the platform.
We recommend you start building your profile now here, ahead of the first of the events on 23rd March. After this, we encourage you to revisit the site to start browsing other users’ profiles and send messages to discuss possible collaboration opportunities.
Here’s what’s scheduled for the competition
- 23rd March | Competition Briefing Webinar
- 25th March | Competition Networking Session