UKBIC SME Credit Round 1 - Competition Briefing Event
Watch our briefing event, recorded 16th Feb 2023, to find out more about the Faraday Battery Challenge UKBIC SME credit competition.
Recording now available
About the competition
UK registered small, micro and medium-sized (SME) businesses are encouraged to apply for a share of up to £1.5 million from the Faraday Battery Challenge UKBIC SME credit competition.
Designed to increase and facilitate SME engagement with the UK Battery Industrialisation Centre (UKBIC) the competition aims to:
- Support an SME organisation’s research and development for the scale-up of battery cell technologies within the UK
- Subsidise an SME organisation’s access to UKBIC allowing them to demonstrate technologies at suitable scales to customers
- Move UK battery innovations from technological potential towards commercial capability
- Develop and secure material and manufacturing supply chains for battery technologies in the UK
Who should attend the event?
UK registered SME businesses who are looking to scale-up battery electrode and cell technologies like:
- Complete cell development programmes, for example electrode through cells
- Prove electrodes to scales, for example Electrode only including, mixing, coating, calendaring and slitting
We are particularly interested in projects focused on proving:
- Complete electrode and cell manufacturing processes
- Electrode manufacturing processes at scale
- New electrode formulations at scale, including those using alternative solvents (line compatibility to be confirmed dependent on specific solvent)
- Alternative materials or processes that will yield manufacturing energy reduction at scale, for example:
- Materials or processes (not equipment or monitoring) that reduce the need for very dry electrode handling environments
- Reduced electrode drying energy whilst maintaining electrode performance
- Trial novel mixing, coating, slitting and calendaring, line-side and online gauging, measurement and visions systems
We encourage all applicants to contact UKBIC prior the event for any technical questions by emailing: email@example.com
UK Battery Industrialisation Centre SME Credit Round 1
Opens: 21/02/2023 Closes: 04/04/2023
UK registered micro, small and medium enterprises can apply for a share of up to £1.5 million to increase and facilitate their engagement with the UK Battery Industrialisation Centre (UKBIC). This funding is from the Faraday Battery Challenge.